1.11.x gargoyle-ispy 2018-December-11 17:59

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lantis

Re: 1.11.x gargoyle-ispy 2018-December-11 17:59

Post by Lantis »

danann wrote:Dear ispyisail or Lantis,

any chance to get a build for this model:
openwrt <dot> org/toh/hwdata/tp-link/tp-link_archer_c6_v2_eu

It's a very affordable gigabit router with 128mb RAM, already supported by openWRT, and I happened to get one. Would be glad to test it out.

I'm just not sure about the size of the firmware flash memory. Openwrt lists it as 8MB, but another website says 64MB.

Thanks
Unfortunately not (yet). Openwrt only supports that device on the ath79 target, which is the replacement for the ar71xx target that Gargoyle uses. Ath79 is not quite ready for prime time (it wasn’t included in the Openwrt 18.xx releases), but may be ready for the 19.xx series.
Once that target is ready, Gargoyle will switch to it and a build would be possible.
Without locking in any dates... 6 months minimum I think.

If you wanted to do your own custom build of Gargoyle on ath79, then it is entirely possible you could get this working earlier :)
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

nibot wrote:How can i install the upnp? I need to turn on on my WR1043ND v2, but i can't find the package
The files are in the torrent

danann

Post by danann »

Lantis wrote:Unfortunately not (yet). Openwrt only supports that device on the ath79 target, which is the replacement for the ar71xx target that Gargoyle uses. Ath79 is not quite ready for prime time (it wasn’t included in the Openwrt 18.xx releases), but may be ready for the 19.xx series.
Once that target is ready, Gargoyle will switch to it and a build would be possible.
Without locking in any dates... 6 months minimum I think.

If you wanted to do your own custom build of Gargoyle on ath79, then it is entirely possible you could get this working earlier :)
Ah I see. Thanks anyway.

I guess I'll give that openwrt build a try first and see how stable it is. If it isn't stable yet, then there's little point in trying a gargoyle build with it.

Sucks that I didn't find a single report of successful installation on this model yet.