[TESTERS WANTED] Gargoyle 1.11.x Bleeding Edge MVEBU

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

phgerin

Re: [TESTERS WANTED] Gargoyle 1.11.x Bleeding Edge MVEBU

Post by phgerin »

Thanks!

No reboot loop (wrt 1200 ac)
and dyndns is now working !

Rog66

Post by Rog66 »

Working now on wrt1900acs - thanks!

Cloudyytechie

Post by Cloudyytechie »

It won’t let me remove the comment so I edited it and it was a mistake on my behalf
Last edited by Cloudyytechie on Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Please provide more details. I recently reworked the code surrounding that module and thoroughly tested it.

If you select “use custom MAC”, but then leave your default address in there, it will self untick as you aren’t actually changing anything.
Is this what you are experiencing?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Cloudyytechie

Post by Cloudyytechie »

Yeah it turns out it may have reset to my default MAC address when I updated and I didn’t realise I fixed it and edited the comment thanks for the help as always gargoyle is the best firmware thanks

swasti

Post by swasti »

hello all,

first i want say thank you for all your time you put into this piece of software. i use it now some years and its the perfect thing to monitor/cut the traffic for my kids :lol: :lol:

some months ago i switched device to wrt1900acs with original firmware. some days ago i "upgraded" to gargoyle.. you know the reason.

this is what i have actually installed from here (lantisproject . com/gargoyle_custom/mvebu-1.11.x/):

Gargoyle Version:1.11.X (Built 20180704-1216 git@b7ff2a39)
Model:Linksys WRT1900ACS

short info about my dhcp settings. i have 4 blocks: 192.168.1.101 - 1.120 (my and my wifes devices, 1TB limit/day)
1.121-1.130 for my son, 1.131-1.140 for my daughter (1GB limit/day) and 1.140-150 for consoles,tv,amazon...(200GB limit/day). important ones are for the kids ;)

now i have some questions - maybe errors??

1) on status/quota usage i didnt see the full table with all devices i use. there is only the first block (my and my wifes ip range) visible.

2) i cant connect from external pc to the webinterface/ssh (it is enabled and should work. on old archer c7 it was no problem). have ip from some dyndns server. ping is ok.

3) after some searching i found a plugin url - possible to add it in your next build? this is what i use to got my adblocker and wireless scheduler
w w w.lantisproject .com/gargoyle_ispyisail/images-2018-03-25/packages/mvebu/default/

4) special one. a working college told me that i need some packages (they are on lede) so i can use some special connection type to use stuff from our office network at home.
kmod-l2tp - 4.14.50-1
kmod-pppol2tp - 4.14.50-1
ppp-mod-pppol2tp - 2.4.7-12
xl2tpd - 1.3.12-1
igmpproxy - 0.2.1-1

possible to add them?

if you need some more infos from shell or screenshots, i can help of course.

thanks and greets from austria
swasti
Linksys 1900ACS

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

1. Usually this indicates that the quota has a problem. It may not be active or may not have saved properly or may be corrupted. I would re apply these settings.
2. Accessing from beyond the WAN port requires the access from WAN checkbox ticked and may require some port forwarding or firewall rules to accept it.
3. That isn’t the right set of packages for the version you are using. Stop using it. It is kernel incompatible. Lucky the packages you wanted to install do not rely on kernel modules. If anything you should be using http://lantisproject.com/gargoyle_custo ... .x/default
I don’t include these by default as this is just a testing build for the next development version. The full repo will be available officially from this site when it is released. I provide them in the meantime for testing.
4. You can try to look in these repositories for other packages
https://downloads.openwrt.org/releases/ ... cortex-a9/
These should be kernel compatible (probably). Otherwise the only way to include them is to custom build your own firmware.

http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

swasti

Post by swasti »

hello lantis,

thanks for your answer.
1) i will delete all 4 blocks and asign them new
2) i only have a modem from my isp between linksys and internet. with the old archer c7 it was no problem. the modem forward all incoming traffic to the dmz zone (=linksys) will do some more checks.
3) ups.. ;)
4) thats to much for me. dont know. have to ask .

let you know if the other parts work.

swasti
Linksys 1900ACS

suprememarvel

Post by suprememarvel »

Is version 1.11 protected against the VPNfilter malware? Because I believe my current Gargoyle firmware is vulnerable to it.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Because I believe my current Gargoyle firmware is vulnerable to it
Reference?