gargoyle-ispy 2017-February-25 02:45.torrent

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

ektus

Re: gargoyle-ispy 2017-February-25 02:45.torrent

Post by ektus »

ispyisail wrote:
It is running good so far, currently with the WAN side in wireless client (DHCP) mode. Nothing to complain
How long did this last?
Half a day until the main connection became available again and I tried to switch back to the WAN wired (static) connection. Download volume on the WLAN downlink was around 5GB, speedtest download around 30Mbit/s, upload around 20Mbit/s.
The trouble began when I was trying to switch back. The normal connection is through the WAN port in gateway mode to a LTE router, the temporary connection was to a cell phone in hotspot mode using another provider (also LTE).

Perhaps I was trying too many things at once or was not patient enough. It's running again now, and aside from losing a month worth of usage data and a couple hours time nothing bad has happened. Hopefully, I've learned something :-)

Regards
Ektus.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

your setup is interesting. (Different to what others are using)

If there is a bug I suspect its in 1.9.2 as well.

If you want a fix I suggest you need to find a procedure that others can repeat.

meazz1

Post by meazz1 »

lceron80 wrote:i've downloaded and unzipped this version. i've uploaded these for hosting if anyone needs it...

https://mega.nz/#F!qUcWkbIT!acKC43y8uFnbUPLmOJmVfw

enjoy! :)
Thanks

n8b

Post by n8b »

Flashed this to my wrt1200ac and added Adblock and edited /etc/hosts and /etc/ethers.

Family reported no internet so didn't have much time to troubleshoot. I managed to get a logread before I went back to 1.9.x of 2016-nov-01.

Code: Select all

Tue Mar  7 20:48:48 2017 user.notice dnsmasq: found already running DHCP-server on interface 'br-lan' refusing to start, use 'option force 1' to override
Does Adblock work with the new gui ?

EDIT: My bad. Router and one of the APs offered DHCP. Will try this build again later.

EDIT2: What at first looked like a rookie mistake (dual DHCP servers) now looks like a bug:
Reproduction: Set it up as a AP:
Connection | Basic
- Gateway
- WAN Disabled (bridge wan port to LAN)
- Setup WLAN
Connection | DHCP
- Disable DHCP
Go back to Connection | Basic and change SSID.
At this point DHCP is automatically enabled again :(

Found this behaviour on TL-WR841ND on this build and on TL-WDR3600 on 1.9.1
● wrt1200ac (wired-only router)
AP's or for test:
● tl-wdr4300 OpenWrt 18.06.0 (too small for 1.11.X)
● tl-wr841nd OpenWrt 18.06.0 (too small for 1.11.X)
● tew-691gr OpenWrt 18.06.0

medonho

Post by medonho »

Hi,

I was unable to upgrade the firmware from GUI. When I select the .bin file, the page stays loading forever. My previou built was the 20160421-1751version.

So I uploaded the file to /tmp/ folder using SCP, and then ran the following command:

sysupgrade -F /tmp/<file.bin>
The upgrade went successfull, the settings has been preserverd. May I do something else to complete the upgrade?
TP-Link WDR-4300 v1.7 @ Gargoyle 1.13.X (Built 20210126-1716)

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

n8b wrote:Flashed this to my wrt1200ac and added Adblock and edited /etc/hosts and /etc/ethers.

Family reported no internet so didn't have much time to troubleshoot. I managed to get a logread before I went back to 1.9.x of 2016-nov-01.

Tue Mar  7 20:48:48 2017 user.notice dnsmasq: found already running DHCP-server on interface 'br-lan' refusing to start, use 'option force 1' to override
Does Adblock work with the new gui ?

EDIT: My bad. Router and one of the APs offered DHCP. Will try this build again later.

EDIT2: What at first looked like a rookie mistake (dual DHCP servers) now looks like a bug:
Reproduction: Set it up as a AP:
Connection | Basic
- Gateway
- WAN Disabled (bridge wan port to LAN)
- Setup WLAN
Connection | DHCP
- Disable DHCP
Go back to Connection | Basic and change SSID.
At this point DHCP is automatically enabled again :(

Found this behaviour on TL-WR841ND on this build and on TL-WDR3600 on 1.9.1
Any time you change connection basic it rewrites the entire config. Not just the bit you changed.
I expect it is done this way to stop people locking themselves out of routers.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

n8b

Post by n8b »

Lantis wrote: Any time you change connection basic it rewrites the entire config. Not just the bit you changed.
I expect it is done this way to stop people locking themselves out of routers.
Ehh - ok...

I don't like I cannot trust the settings I make in other sub-sections, but I understand that enabling DHCP might save the router for some people.

How about checking the LAN for DHCP and only auto-enable it if no DHCP is found ?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

What you've said isn't a silly suggestion, and probably should be how it works.
However the code that governs that page is obscenely complex and I hate to think how much trouble I could make by ruining it.
God knows I'm still fixing things I changed over a year ago.
I'll keep it in mind for future.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

n8b

Post by n8b »

Understood.
To mitigate the problem I have set the DHCP range of the AP's to a smaller range outside the main DHCP range and leasetime=1h. These values are kept when DHCP is enabled and disabled.