gargoyle-ispy 2017-January-27 10:21.torrent

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lantis

Re: gargoyle-ispy 2017-January-27 10:21.torrent

Post by Lantis »

rseiler wrote:Does Web Usage Monitor get enabled for anyone upon upgrade if it was previously disabled?
Yes. Very annoying. It's on my list of things to fix
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Preferably people still use the torrent for fairness, but if you can't, it's there :)
I was wondering if your sever was getting hammered.

only 8x :)

phgerin

Post by phgerin »

rseiler wrote:How do you do that? I noticed that too, but it showed up automatically some time later, though come to think of it, I may have had to reboot.
Go to "Bandwith Usage" and toggle "Save High Resolution 15 Minute Timeframe Data For All Hosts" fix it for me.

rseiler

Post by rseiler »

I don't know if this is a problem in particular with the Email plugin or the plugin system in general, and this isn't a problem new to beta builds, but I've noticed that some time after adding the Email plugin (no idea why it doesn't happen right away) that the word "Email" will appear twice in the System menu. And sure enough, if you edit this you will see it twice:
/plugin_root/etc/config/gargoyle

For example, this snippet from the "config 400 'system'" section:
option usb_storage '350'
option email_notifications '380'
option initd '310'
option logread '311'
option email '385'

I'm not sure which one of those is the one that's supposed to be there (I'm guessing at some point there was a name change), but if the source of the problem could be found then it would save having to edit the file to remove one of the entries (and doing that is no guarantee the problem won't recur).
phgerin wrote:Go to "Bandwith Usage" and toggle "Save High Resolution 15 Minute Timeframe Data For All Hosts" fix it for me.
Ah, OK, I never would have thought of that. I'll try it next time (restarting the firewall here didn't seem to be enough, but I only tried that once).

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I'll look at email.

Did you restart the firewall using the gargoyle script or just the openwrt /etc/unit.d/firewall restart?
They're different
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

rseiler

Post by rseiler »

Lantis wrote:I'll look at email.

Did you restart the firewall using the gargoyle script or just the openwrt /etc/init.d/firewall restart?
They're different
I didn't know that the other existed, but I searched around and found it:
/usr/lib/gargoyle/restart_firewall.sh

I'll use that next time. I see that it does several things.

mojolacerator

Post by mojolacerator »

WRT3200ACM, working very well on this image.
Gargoyle

i5-3550, 8gb ram, 120gb ssd

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

rseiler wrote:I don't know if this is a problem in particular with the Email plugin or the plugin system in general, and this isn't a problem new to beta builds, but I've noticed that some time after adding the Email plugin (no idea why it doesn't happen right away) that the word "Email" will appear twice in the System menu. And sure enough, if you edit this you will see it twice:
/plugin_root/etc/config/gargoyle

For example, this snippet from the "config 400 'system'" section:
option usb_storage '350'
option email_notifications '380'
option initd '310'
option logread '311'
option email '385'

I'm not sure which one of those is the one that's supposed to be there (I'm guessing at some point there was a name change), but if the source of the problem could be found then it would save having to edit the file to remove one of the entries (and doing that is no guarantee the problem won't recur).
Looks like when you install the initial plugin, the menu item appears as expected.
When you next reboot, you get a duplicate.

Easily fixed.

rseiler

Post by rseiler »

Is printing working in this release? I don't print often, so the last time I tried it was with the non-beta, but I've never known it to be a problem, as there's nothing to configure.

It sees the printer: "HL-2230 series is connected via USB. You can connect to your printer on IP 192.168.1.1 via HP JetDirect protocol." And when I unplug it, it knows it's unplugged. The p910 process is showing up in memory. Windows printer configuration is pointing at 192.168.1.1 as usual.

So I rebooted the router, thinking that would help, when I discovered a second problem (completely unrelated): I think "Use Custom MAC Address" is sometimes ignored on certain boots. I knew something was wrong when after reboot I no longer had an Internet connection until I also rebooted the modem. I saw that my WAN IP had changed from my usual one, and the only way that happens is if my WAN MAC changes.

When I visited Connection/Basic, I noticed that while the MAC was there (greyed out), "Use Custom MAC Address" was unchecked. If I check it and save changes, it just unchecks itself.

At least one reboot of the router later and I noticed that I had my old IP back, which means that my custom MAC had been reinstated--despite the fact that the box is still unchecked. Unfortunately, I didn't look at /etc/config/network during this period to see if the "option macaddr" line was missing at times or whether it was there all the time and just being ignored.

guyso

Post by guyso »

Hi.

I have one WNDR3700v2 and two WNDR3700v1 which I run with an OPTUS cable modem which is in bridge mode. I only run the routers one at a time, usually the WNDR3700v2 is used and I keep the WNDR3700v1s for backup.

I am currently running this version of Gargoyle on the WNDR700v2 without a problem. For WAN settings I use DHCP Wired in Gateway mode.

For some reason when I load this Gargoyle version or the 24 January version on either of the WNDR3700v1 there is no connection to the internet through the bridged OPTUS modem. The local LAN connections work OK.

Any thoughts. I can obtain a log output using WINScp if someone can point me in the direction of the correct file.

Thanks and the new GUI looks great.
(Edit: clarified how routers are used.)
Netgear WNDR3700 v1 and v2 and v4
Linksys WRT1900ACS