New theme [FLight]

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lantis

Re: New theme [FLight]

Post by Lantis »

Add a new plugin repo pointing at
http://lantisproject.com/gargoyle_custo ... r71xx/usb/

All packages i compiled (including the BR language pack) will be there (in 10 minutes time from this post)
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

d3fz

Post by d3fz »

Great.

Downloaded.

Thank you.
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 - Gargoyle 1.12.X
TP-Link WR842ND v2 - Gargoyle 1.10.X
TP-Link RE450 AC v2 - Stock FW 1.0.4
TP-Link WA850RE v1.2 - LEDE 17.01.1

d3fz

Post by d3fz »

Alright, flashed gui_overhaul "sysupgrade" image and.. my router bricked beautifully. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I mean, i've bricked my routers before, but this time i wasn't even able to go into failsafe mode, thank god i knew about tftp recovery method, even though i've never used it before. Worked like a charm, i was back online in no time.

Anyway, this brick was pretty strange to me, since i do this quite often, never preserve settings, etc. And to be on the safe side, i always transfer the firmware to /tmp folder, then run "sysupgrade -n -v gargoyle-sysupgrade.bin" through Putty, and of course, always using an ethernet cable.

Did i do something wrong or probably just went out of luck this time ?

By the way, i'm still getting used to the new interface structure, which is pretty different from the current one.
Last edited by d3fz on Mon Jan 02, 2017 4:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Sounds like just out of luck.
Apologies that it didn't go smoothly though!

We designed the new interface to closely resemble the old one to try and avoid shellshock to existing users. I thought we had it pretty close!

What do you think so far?

Have you tried it on a mobile device? That is where it really comes into its own.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

d3fz

Post by d3fz »

Lantis wrote:Sounds like just out of luck.
Apologies that it didn't go smoothly though
Don't worry about it, i'm always up for a challenge. :lol:
Lantis wrote:We designed the new interface to closely resemble the old one to try and avoid shellshock to existing users. I thought we had it pretty close!
What do you think so far?
It definitely looks like the old one (look & feel), is just that i was used to read/scan information in a top-to-bottom structure, now it's pretty wide, left-to-right/top-to-bottom read/scan, which is not a bad thing, just something i'll have to get used to. Plus, this way, it can show more information into the screen with less scrolling. The padding between panels could be smaller, though (Desktop version).

Also, there's a glitch in "time.sh" and "backup.sh" pages, some elements are escaping their parents. Minor things.

I'll start working on the theme convertion to Bootstrap, and let you know if i find any more bugs.
Lantis wrote:Have you tried it on a mobile device? That is where it really comes into its own.
Just did that, looking awesome! 8-)

arejaytee

Post by arejaytee »

d3fz did you ever finish converting your theme over to the new GUI?

Looking at trying myself, would be good to have other examples, Eric/Lantis is there any quick documentation available?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Not really, but my recommendation would be to install a theme that is close to what you are looking to do, and modify the files in /www/themes/<theme_name>/ until you get the result you are after.

all files except theme.css should ideally be left alone. changes to other files should be done in theme.css
If you wanted to get rid of everything in internal.css, you can provide a blank copy of it. Otherwise the original copy gets imported.

If you need anything else let me know.

The source for all themes is at https://github.com/ericpaulbishop/gargo ... er/package
beginning with "plugin-gargoyle-theme-*"

fifonik

Post by fifonik »

I've found that it is extremely hard to create a theme for new modern GUI as it tied to bootstrap now and it is not possible to change widths of some elements (well, it is possible to change a width of second col-sm-2 in a row, however it must never be done).

I tried to change html to make it better for both desktop/mobile devices, however with all these updates stopped after a few iterations :(

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Sorry that you’re struggling.
Is there an example you can give me (maybe a diagram?) so that I can give advice?

If you want to leave it there, that’s cool too. Thanks