New theme [FLight]

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

Lantis

Re: New theme [FLight]

Post by Lantis »

You are correct that because of that one file you can't just do it manually.

What model router do you have? I'll see what I can do for you.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

d3fz

Post by d3fz »

Lantis wrote:You are correct that because of that one file you can't just do it manually.

What model router do you have? I'll see what I can do for you.
Hello Lantis, thank you for the quick response.

It's a TP-Link TL-WR842N/ND v2, currently running 1.9.X (Built 20160714-0844 git@9b75d12).
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 - Gargoyle 1.12.X
TP-Link WR842ND v2 - Gargoyle 1.10.X
TP-Link RE450 AC v2 - Stock FW 1.0.4
TP-Link WA850RE v1.2 - LEDE 17.01.1

fifonik

Post by fifonik »

d3fz wrote:Is there a "quick way" to give the new GUI a try ?
I'm following the lastest GUI changes on GitHub, so i could easily download the latest *.sh pages/files, and test them on my router.
I tried this way as well :)
Unfortunately, this does not work so I ended up with building it.
I did it for the first time. The process is straightforward and not too complicated, but the compilation itself is very sloooow.
Also, I had quite a lot of noob questions like "what ubuntu version should I use?" (I used server 16.04), "how to configure hyper-v to have ubuntu as guest OS with networking?", "why the 'git checkout gui_overhaul' does not work?" ('cd gargoyle' first), "how to copy file from guest ubuntu OS to my PC?" (create a window share, install cifs-utils and map the share with -t cifs options), "why I can't save in guest OS to a drive mapped as read-write?" (sudo cp... or use -o u=<uid>,g=<gid> in mount) etc.

I have a build for your router (-wr842n-v2-), however I think to be on a safe side you should get it from Lantis.

P.S. Another tricky part is to upgrade your router. The upgrade itself is straightforward, but you should not 'preserve settings' so you will need to re-configure your router that in my case is not the easy task (too many options I use). Lucky, I have a spare router to play with.

d3fz

Post by d3fz »

fifonik wrote:I tried this way as well :)
Unfortunately, this does not work so I ended up with building it.
I did it for the first time. The process is straightforward and not too complicated, but the compilation itself is very sloooow.
I've actually tried making custom OpenWRT builds for my WA850RE in the past, just for the sake of learning, but never got this far, faced some problems setting up the building environment, i guess.

Despite the fact that it would probably take forever to build in my laptop, but that's another problem.
fifonik wrote:I have a build for your router (-wr842n-v2-), however I think to be on a safe side you should get it from Lantis.
I will wait for Lantis build, since that's my main router, but thank you. 8-)
fifonik wrote:P.S. Another tricky part is to upgrade your router. The upgrade itself is straightforward, but you should not 'preserve settings' so you will need to re-configure your router that in my case is not the easy task (too many options I use). Lucky, I have a spare router to play with.
That's actually the easy part for me, i never preserve settings when upgrading (just to be safe), so i'm used to set everything up. I use WinSCP to move some backup files, which makes the process a little easier. I was trying to avoid that, but since there's no other way.. shouldn't be a problem.

By the way, did you start to convert your theme to Bootstrap ?

Almost forgot, Happy New Year!!! :)

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Now that the forum is back online, I'll post the images after New Years.
The build is complete however.

Happy New Years
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

d3fz

Post by d3fz »

Lantis wrote:Now that the forum is back online, I'll post the images after New Years.
The build is complete however.

Happy New Years
Just realized the forum got updated, hope that stops with the spams we've been getting lately.

Thank you for your time building the image for me, let me know when they're available for download.

Happy New Year !

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

http://lantisproject.com/gargoyle_custom/gui_overhaul/

Image is currently uploading.
May take a bit of time. My internet speed recently got halved due to network construction.
If you need any packages uploaded let me know.

d3fz

Post by d3fz »

Lantis wrote:http://lantisproject.com/gargoyle_custom/gui_overhaul/

Image is currently uploading.
May take a bit of time. My internet speed recently got halved due to network construction.
Images downloaded.

Starting the flashing process..
Lantis wrote:If you need any packages uploaded let me know.
By packages you mean additional plugins or something else ?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Yes.
You'll find most packages and plugins in the default repository, but they won't have the updated interface.

d3fz

Post by d3fz »

No problem.

Although, if you could compile the updated PT-BR language pack into a package, that would be great.

Currently i have to install the outdated language pack, and then manually move all the updated translation files through WinSCP.