Build X86 gargoyle router - Sucessfully - No Wifi

Want to share your OpenWrt / Gargoyle knowledge? Implemented a new feature? Let us know here.

Moderator: Moderators

Phil

Build X86 gargoyle router - Sucessfully - No Wifi

Post by Phil »

Hi guys, First congratulation on your software, I've using gargoyle for years and I love it.

It took some time but I finally got it. I build an x86 router with gargoyle with an rack mount HCIPC router/server.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/HCiPC-B ... 0.0.qRtIub

Look at the spec with url but in an nut shell, it has 8 gig lan port, 1 console, 1 cf slot, 2 USB3, 8gb of ram, Intel Ivy Bridge Celeron dual-core C1037U 1.8GHz... :D :D :D

For Wi-Fi I use 2 ubiquity AP as the driver support for Wi-Fi are hard to come by for openwrt/gargoyle on x86. I haven't use it as my main router but it's pretty much the same config that I'm using for another x86 router build on a industrial PC.

Over the weekend I was able to turn on bonding to have 2 connection to my network and VPN is working. I also got the lm-sensors package working and it display all the temperature sensors and fan's.

The only problem so far, is the sysupgrade on the command line doesn't work, but the GUI dose. Any ideas?

Lantis

Re: Build X86 gargoyle router - Sucessfully - No Wifi

Post by Lantis »

What are you entering on the command line?
The GUI simply passes the command back to the system so the only difference will be that as far as I can tell.

Sounds like quite a Machine :)
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Phil

Post by Phil »

The command is: sysupgrade -n -v gargoyle.img then reboot and I'm still on the img. Weird...

It's a machine :D , louder than I thought... even after replacing the fan with Nuctua. But it will do.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Where are you storing the image file for flashing?
I’d normally place it in /tmp

sysupgrade -n /tmp/image.img
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Phil

Post by Phil »

That’s probably the problem I was putting it in /.

oliver

Post by oliver »

Phil wrote:That’s probably the problem I was putting it in /.
Probably just need to fully qualify the path.

Phil

Post by Phil »

That’s problem, when it’s in /tmp it work as plan.
Thanks