Bandwidth Usage By Website

Suggest improvements and new features for Gargoyle.

Moderator: Moderators

DullRazr

Bandwidth Usage By Website

Post by DullRazr »

It would really be nice if the router logged by host each website connected, the start time of the connection, the end time of the connection, total upload in bytes and total download in bytes.

I purchased a Gargoyle router (V:1.6.2 Model:D-Link DIR-835 rev. A1) in 2015 so I could figure out which websites were consuming all of my data cap. Using Excel Power query I was able to combine the bandwidth usage data with the Web usage data but the highest resolution I can get over an extended period of time is one hour (the high resolution -15 min - bandwidth data is replaced every day at midnight local time).

This leaves a great deal of ambiguity about which website consumed the data during any given hour.

It would be great for everyone that has a data cap to be able to tell which computer contacted which website at what times and the total data consumption for each session.

A second best option would be being able to capture the high resolution data over a much longer period of time ( a week, two weeks or even until the memory is full).

labou

Re: Bandwidth Usage By Website

Post by labou »

I'm with you on this one. This would be very nice to have.
TP-Link Archer C7 v2
Linksys WRT1200AC