un-restrict IP addresses on LAN side

Suggest improvements and new features for Gargoyle.

Moderator: Moderators

karenmcd

un-restrict IP addresses on LAN side

Post by karenmcd »

when setting up a dhcp server - would it be possible to allow any/all private IP ranges?

I am configuring a complicated setup that uses a few routers, and it makes it easier in my head to assign (192.168.x.x) to certain devices that I want separated from other components on the network. for example, It's just easier for me to remember:

Router+switches 1
NAS 172.16.0.1
Cameras 172.16.1.x

phone
VOIP 192.168.255.1

Router+switches 2
LAN Users 192.168.0.x - 192.168.99.x
Wifi Users 192.168.100.x - 192.168.199.x

Router+switches 3
secure lan w/ encryption and ssh certificate access.. 10.x - ...
etc..

I've been using static ip's as a work around for now, but have to pre-screen mac addresses and manually assign addresses for each device that connects, and it's a bit of a pain in the butt. Thanks for all you do!

ispyisail

Re: un-restrict IP addresses on LAN side

Post by ispyisail »

why do you have this kind of setup?

karenmcd

Re: un-restrict IP addresses on LAN side

Post by karenmcd »

Some of it is not by choice. For instance the phone. There's no way to reconfigure the IP address on it (it was provided by the satelite company and the IP cannot be changed). The public network is accessed by visitors who could compromise the privacy of my friends, so I've kept it seperate and use the 10.x... prefix to help me remember that I'm working on a different network. Sometimes there are a few hundred visitors (for 'work camps', or 'action camps') and the leases for devices need to be kept for the week so we can identify devices/individuals that don't follow the internet use guidelines while visiting.

Sorry for the delayed response
Karen