Email notification when bandwidth quota reached

Suggest improvements and new features for Gargoyle.

Moderator: Moderators

kris

Email notification when bandwidth quota reached

Post by kris »

Does anyone know if it's possible to configure Gargoyle to send an email notification as soon as the bandwidth quota has been reached?

I've read about scheduled emails through the use of a plugin but nothing about real-time alerts...

Thanks,
Kris

NETGEAR WNDR3700v4

Lantis

Re: Email notification when bandwidth quota reached

Post by Lantis »

No, the plugin is the closest thing to that.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

rfdude

Re: Web notification when bandwidth quota reached

Post by rfdude »

What about HTTP redirection to a splash page when quota is used up? Or to the router login page that will show them their quota status. I'm finding users at our summer camp have no clue they ran their quota to 100%... their browsing simply stops. Then they blame the network... "its down again". These users have no clue what consumes bytes either.... Facebook, posting on uploading to twitter or instagram... no clue. Quota resets every week, so they come up again... open a browser and burn their quota quick.... they do not learn. :o Need some feedback to each user. Any ideas?
rfdude
------------------
1.09.2 Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2 -> 8 OpenMesh AP's
1.10.0 Archer C7 -> Multiple Cisco 1702i Autonomous Mode

Lantis

Re: Email notification when bandwidth quota reached

Post by Lantis »

A captive portal is a good idea. I'll look into it
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.