Modem stats

Suggest improvements and new features for Gargoyle.

Moderator: Moderators

Cralis

Modem stats

Post by Cralis »

Would it be possible to display the modem stats? My ISP might request the SNR numbers plus all the numbers that they may need to diagnose speed issues.

I'm running in full bridge mode, router on 192.168.1.1, modem on 192.168.0.1... So I can't get to my router admin page from my network.

Would be useful.
Using a WR1043ND V3 with 1.9.X (Built 20160602-1751 git@09ccf69), Full Bridge.

Lantis

Re: Modem stats

Post by Lantis »

If you set to full bridge mode and leave DHCP on, then gargoyle will automatically set up routing so that you can access your modem.

Give it a try :)

As for modem stats, I'd say no. There's no way we could standardise the stats or the different types of modems and their communication methods.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Lantis wrote:If you set to full bridge mode and leave DHCP on, then gargoyle will automatically set up routing so that you can access your modem.

Give it a try :)

As for modem stats, I'd say no. There's no way we could standardise the stats or the different types of modems and their communication methods.
+1

Cralis

Post by Cralis »

Thanks Landis. I think I am in full bridge. My modem is on 192.168. 0.1, while my router and all devices are on 192.168.1.x

Should I be able to browse from a 1.1 client to a 0.1 client? I'll give it a bash. But full bridge mode is defined as the router is setup with the ISP credentials right?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Correct.
If it's in bridge mode and the gargoyle is set to PPPoE then everything should self setup.
If it doesn't, usually indicates that DHCP wasn't left on on the bridge.

Even so, we can always run the script manually. We recently discussed this with another user who wanted this setup but while in DHCP Wired config.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Cralis

Post by Cralis »

Just to confirm, I should keep DHCP on the modem ON? I disabled DHCP on the modem, and have it enabled on the ROUTER, thinking the router will handle all LAN work (Including DHCP).

Is that wrong, and I should be using DHCP on the modem, and disabling DHCP on the router?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

You need it on the modem to make this routing script work correctly.
It won't affect the DHCP of the gargoyle, they are on seperate sides of the WAN port.

So in this case, both ON.