Use a DSLR Camera with ddserver

Suggest improvements and new features for Gargoyle.

Moderator: Moderators

manierofx

Use a DSLR Camera with ddserver

Post by manierofx »

Hello,
I found that OpenWRT (so Gargoyle too) for router with AR71XX should be compatible with this: http://dslrdashboard.info/

It makes possible to control a DSLR Camera wireless hooking the usb cable from the camera to the router.

The package is an opkg: http://dslrdashboard.info/download/ddse ... 3-package/

When I try to install it, I get this message: Dependency uclibcxx of package ddserver cannot be found, try updating your package lists

And I get stuck :( I didn't understand what uclibcxx is and how to install it.

I think it can be a very nice addon for our router with ar71xx chipset and it is almost "ready to use", so could be nice to add it!

Thank you
Last edited by manierofx on Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

nworbnhoj

Re: Use a DSLR Camera with ddserver

Post by nworbnhoj »

Gargoyle is based on openwrt - not ddwrt
Can you help someone else get Gargoyle up and running?
TL-WDR3600 : Gargoyle 1.9.0 : NBN FixedWireless
TL-WR1043ND-V2 : Gargoyle 1.8.0 : 3G Huawei E160E

manierofx

Post by manierofx »

my mistake, I had to write openwrt... this plugin is for openwrt. I edit the message

tapper

Post by tapper »

Hi mate that package is for DD wich is the latest brantch of openwrt wile Gargoyle is baste on the slightly older but more stable brantch called CC of openwrt. You get that message wen the package you are trying to install is not built against the exact same Linux kernel you have installed on your router. CC is the stable brantch and dd is the latest code of openwrt and is being changed all the time. That's why Gargoyle is knot built on the DD brantch.
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

manierofx

Post by manierofx »

Thanks for your reply and explanation :)

Meanwhile I found and installed this:

http://wifi.ozo.com/airo/openwrt/packag ... ar71xx.ipk

Then I tried the ddserver and it was installed too.

Nothing changed on the gui (pretty obviously). Do you think there is nothing to do at all since they are from different built?

Thank you :)

tapper

Post by tapper »

Sorry I can't give you any more help as i have no idea what the packages you have installed even do. Try googleing the package names and openwrt to see if any one has dun a write up or blog post about them. Good luck! :)
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

manierofx

Post by manierofx »

basically it is just a "plugin" that run a server. The server is able to share a dslr camera connected to the router with a usb cable.

Then you can connect to the wifi and control the dslr camera with a client.

You don't need to configure anything on the server. I bought an ar71xx router to make a try with openwrt and it works.

I add two pics to show you (edit: the forum cut the image, use "show the image" option in your browser to see it full size):Image

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

if you can install the required files then you can make it work under gargoyle. you'll just need to configure everything from the command line.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.