[Gargoyle UI/UX] Requesting upgrade from dark ages

Suggest improvements and new features for Gargoyle.

Moderator: Moderators

nworbnhoj

Re: [Gargoyle UI/UX] Requesting upgrade from dark ages

Post by nworbnhoj »

StopSpazzing wrote:I am still working on this, to every one interested.
Yes - I was concerned that you had gone quiet
StopSpazzing wrote:I could list the code, but it honestly is just a swap of the location of the nav and the content.
Big file - which lines?
Can you help someone else get Gargoyle up and running?
TL-WDR3600 : Gargoyle 1.9.0 : NBN FixedWireless
TL-WR1043ND-V2 : Gargoyle 1.8.0 : 3G Huawei E160E

StopSpazzing

Post by StopSpazzing »

nworbnhoj wrote:
StopSpazzing wrote:I am still working on this, to every one interested.
Yes - I was concerned that you had gone quiet
StopSpazzing wrote:I could list the code, but it honestly is just a swap of the location of the nav and the content.
Big file - which lines?
https://github.com/ericpaulbishop/gargo ... #L395-L668

I really wish for 2.0 moving forward to use a modern layout and design. All up to Eric.

Currently what I am using: https://github.com/stopspazzing/gargoyl ... r_footer.c

nworbnhoj

Post by nworbnhoj »

Sorry - I have not taken the time to understand your code properly - but I hope a naive question might help .........

In the existing code the missing menu html is dynamically generated if(display_type == HEADER) while in your code, almost all of the work is being done if(display_type == FOOTER). I am guessing that this has something to do with your problem. I suspect that it has to do with where gargoyle_header_footer is called with the "f" switch.

StopSpazzing

Post by StopSpazzing »

nworbnhoj wrote:Sorry - I have not taken the time to understand your code properly - but I hope a naive question might help .........

In the existing code the missing menu html is dynamically generated if(display_type == HEADER) while in your code, almost all of the work is being done if(display_type == FOOTER). I am guessing that this has something to do with your problem. I suspect that it has to do with where gargoyle_header_footer is called with the "f" switch.
Checked, it shows logo which is located in the header, cant be the issue.

Update: Fixed it. decided to revert the code, then used bootstrap css to work in my favor. Looking better.

StopSpazzing

Post by StopSpazzing »

Decided to just do it, and converted it to bootstrap. Currently what it looks like: https://i.imgur.com/5ROSemn.png

Looks good on mobile also: https://i.imgur.com/JKaHahL.png

Top button in left corner opens the menu, need to FIX the menu and set a small image there so people know what it means. Small other fixes, but major is menu, once that menu is displaying can start fixing other pages.

I have it on my github if you want to take a look: https://github.com/stopspazzing/gargoyle

All you need is the gargoyle package folder, if you have everything else compiled.

Btw this is 1.9.x just an fyi.

Maybe someone with more knowledge can tell me why my code isn't generating a menu.

StopSpazzing

Post by StopSpazzing »

Enjoy:

:D :D

Small bugs here and there but now that menu is finished, can move onto each and every page and move to bootstrap for each.

nworbnhoj

Post by nworbnhoj »

so what did the issue with generating the menu turn out to be?

StopSpazzing

Post by StopSpazzing »

nworbnhoj wrote:so what did the issue with generating the menu turn out to be?
Code has to be in a specific order for menu to generate, current its still doing what it did before, but used bootstrap to swap places of menu and content. Without it, would be menu right side, cause that's how it was coded it originally, but with css, was moved left.

Either way, looking better than before, even on mobile:

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Cool. Good to see. I was actually working on a hacky solution using device width queries, but that is a terrible solution lol.

How's the size?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

StopSpazzing

Post by StopSpazzing »

Lantis wrote:Cool. Good to see. I was actually working on a hacky solution using device width queries, but that is a terrible solution lol.

How's the size?
Currently the size is 7.5mb for the flashable files (for my model), coming from 7.3mb which is from original. so size diff of ~200kb.

This is before optimizations and tweaks; still have to clean up bunch of code from the *.sh file (pages) since there is html that wont be used. I can easily remove a bunch of css code that isn't needed. Currently isnt my priority.

I want to clean up all "pages", converting them to properly formatted bootstrap html 5. Like the above picture of the login page, removed the text to the left, and put it in the input itself. There is screen reader label still there that doesn't show up unless for screen reader, so will still say the values. The button is not longer an 'input' and is now a proper button, which has better compatibility than 'input' across browsers.

Going to look great and be responsive once I am finished. There is still a bunch of css in internal.css that isn't needed anymore that I have to strip out because its overriding Bootstrap's.