Download Manager?

Suggest improvements and new features for Gargoyle.

Moderator: Moderators

GageGogston

Download Manager?

Post by GageGogston »

the asus routers with ASUSWRT have a thing called download manager, it allows you to add things to a queue of things to download, you can set times and days it it allowed to download and is very helpful for people like me with very little data allowances. i have 25 gigs a month

GageGogston

Re: Download Manager?

Post by GageGogston »

After rereading my post I relies how badly composed it is, what I was trying to ask is if its possible to make a mod able to accomplish something similar to what ASUSWRT's download manager does. If you are not aware of of ASUSWRT and what is does, here is a link. http://www.asus.com/us/Networking/RTAC66U/ Asus can explain it better than i will ever be able to. the download manager is helpful to me because i live in a rural area with very limited internet, I can only get satellite, and the best plan i get get only gives me 25 gigabytes a month. Between midnight and 5:00 in the morning, like most internet plans, we have an unmetered zone, like a normal person i am asleep at those times but i would still like to download things, and the download manager really would help with that. i just recently found Gargoyle and i adore the feature that allows me to cap individual devices and I am having a hell of a time contemplating whether to get an asus or getting a different router and loading it up with gargoyle. Answers or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. :D

Cezary

Post by Cezary »

Install aria2, webui-aria...

GageGogston

Post by GageGogston »

@Cezary I googled it and that seems good, but is that a mod that i can install on a router with gargoyle? i am new to this whole thing lol. i dont mean to be a bother.

Cezary

Post by Cezary »

No, this is not a plugin. Just run the aria as webUI-aria2 suggests. Or use google translator and read this http://eko.one.pl/?p=openwrt-aria2 (PL)