configuration: MAC filter policy

Suggest improvements and new features for Gargoyle.

Moderator: Moderators

nieroster

configuration: MAC filter policy

Post by nieroster »

When I want to add a new wireless device I temporarily disable MAC filtering. But disabling MAC filtering also means that all the entered MAC addresses are gone too.

Why can't they just stay in place although MAC filtering is diasbled? Maybe I just disabled the filter temporarily to add a new device. Once it is connected to the router I usually copy it's MAC from the connected hosts page and add it to the allowed MAC addresses.

Another possibility would be to offer a list of currently (unsuccessfully) connected wireless MACs to choose from when adding to the allowed MACs list.

I have noticed this behaviour on a few other places as well. If I change for example the wireless mode to disabled all the settings are gone too. Why can't they just be stored and remembered when I select the same wireless mode later?

Regards,
nieroster

Draak

Re: configuration: MAC filter policy

Post by Draak »

nieroster wrote:Another possibility would be to offer a list of currently (unsuccessfully) connected wireless MACs to choose from when adding to the allowed MACs list.
A list of known MAC addresses would be helpful. I miss that feature since I switched from Tomato RAF.
Gargoyle 1.9.1 on Netgear WNDR3800