UserName for IP ranges

Suggest improvements and new features for Gargoyle.

Moderator: Moderators

madmanbenji

UserName for IP ranges

Post by madmanbenji »

Hey there, just wanted to quickly say that this is a damn good project and very good router management firmware, thanks heaps! :D

Now on to the request. The functionality is already built in but what I think many users who share there internet connection with family and flatmates would like to see is a UserName that is associated with a particular IP range.

People these days tend to have a group of devices that all connect to the net. If a UserName could be made that was then given an IP range, then devices added to the UserName via MAC address, that UserName or persons data usage could be easily accounted for. (Barring the exception of shared devices)

Currently I do this by assigning static IP's for each device belonging to a Person under a particular IP range that i then apply the quota too.

It would be even better if each UserName could be given its own DHCP IP range, so static IP's weren't necessary :roll: but just adding the MAC of each device on the network to a particular UserName.

Anyway thanks for all the effort and all the best!

sajjadhalai

Re: UserName for IP ranges

Post by sajjadhalai »

I think U need Captive Portal.. u can install coovachille hot spot captive portal in Gargoyle from openwrt.com plugin.. or check out ur plugin page got urself link for plugin.....
there u will get
chillespot
coova chille
wifidog.. an much more .. these plugins are for captive portal..
means user will have a page for loging in there usernames..
and othere thing is free radius.. that can help you.. but all these are far away..
I dont know how to work with gargoyle.. but bashfull bladder or eric might help you..thanx

sajjadhalai

Re: UserName for IP ranges

Post by sajjadhalai »

Any progress for Captive portals. any body plz.