L2TP Dual Access

Suggest improvements and new features for Gargoyle.

Moderator: Moderators

KRyouCK

L2TP Dual Access

Post by KRyouCK »

Please add l2tp/pptp dual access, cuz many users in my country need this feature. I think thats not hard too you.
P.S. Not much ppl know how too add l2tp+luci in openwrt.

gargiggler

Re: L2TP Dual Access

Post by gargiggler »

HI there,

Great work Gargoyle - I'm a recent convert from Tomato.

However one thing I've noticed is the lack of PPTP server , at least from the GUI.

Any ideas if you could implement that easily, by GUI? Tons of un-rooted devices out there and people who can't do a openVPN client install due to complexity - would be an ace feature!

(or any guide to getting it working by script/cli perhaps?)

thanks!

samuser

Post by samuser »

L2TP still actual.
Requesting for adding.

Best regards.

NZh

Post by NZh »

samuser wrote:L2TP still actual.
I confirm it.

Regards.

Naevus

Post by Naevus »

Нello
Let me show the necessity of dual access

Here is a typical connection diagram (see picture) in my country.
WAN port is connected to the provider's network. To access to the Internet you need to login to the VPN server. In this case, the traffic will go through the shaper (the traffic cutting to the rate of the tariff. This is typically 3-10 times less than the rate on the port VAN)

But, within the network provider has the resources (for example, server1 and server2), access to which can be carried through WAN port. But gargoyle does not allow it! VPN server sends routes to the internal network, but the gargoyle not use them :(

Server1 and server2 in the provider's network may have access to the Internet or may not have. In the picture gargoyle have not access to server1. And to server2 - have access is via the shaper. And I'm sad that server2 - a VoIP provider's server. My telephone depends on the load of the channel internet :(

yoyek

Post by yoyek »

I would also like to request L2TP connectivity. I'm using Gargoyle on three routers, and it's incredibly stable. Unfortunately on one router I need to connect via L2TP and have to use DD-WRT, which is far away from stable.
Please add L2TP!

Regards