multiwan feature request

Suggest improvements and new features for Gargoyle.

Moderator: Moderators

chrisr

multiwan feature request

Post by chrisr »

hi all

thanks all the developers to make such a good easy-to-use and feature rich firmware,especially its qos feature.

i move from openwrt to here just because qos.

but there is still one feature that i always miss and makes me sometimes revert to openwrt in many cases.that is the multiwan.

especially multiwan on the same port using macvlan virtual mac device.

it is very useful in my country and i would say that this feature would bring more and more users in my country(there are already some)

this feature doesn't require much more space, i can achive it even on my 4m flash openwrt router.

macvlan is a common linux kernel command(i think it's "ip") while multiwan can be achived by compile the official openwrt package or using mwan3 which is developed by adze on openwrt forum,mwan3 is desgined to be compatible with qos ,maybe it can be used with gargoyle's qos at the same time.it would be fantasitc.

thanks again for the developers.

pbix
Developer

Re: multiwan feature request

Post by pbix »

I would be interested to know why this feature is so useful in your country. What is different there?
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

chrisr

Re: multiwan feature request

Post by chrisr »

pbix wrote:I would be interested to know why this feature is so useful in your country. What is different there?
it's a long story, to make it short. ISP usually provide Internet by PPPOE, here in my country ,each account allows up to three connections ,you can get three ip .

people ususally only connect one with their router,but if your router has the multiwan feature, you can get 3 at the same time and loadblance them.

3x of your bandwidth ,that is what i use everyday with openwrt.