QoS scheduler

Suggest improvements and new features for Gargoyle.

Moderator: Moderators

Vioner

QoS scheduler

Post by Vioner »

Hi

As a happy Gargoyle user I also feel obliged to take act in improving the firmware.

I'd suggest adding QoS scheduler to the Firewall options - specially the download QoS.

F.e. so that users could easily pick in which periods the QoS feature is supposed to work - QoS turns on automatically at f.e. 8 AM and gets turned off again automatically at midnight so that downloading could go with full speed.

I am sure that this would be appreciated feature by most of the users so I can even say that it's and urgent request. At least please tell us if you will add it some day - don't tell us to try cronjobs please.

Hoping for an admin/dev reply.

jorgemiguel4

Re: QoS scheduler

Post by jorgemiguel4 »

I'm able to download at full speed with QoS turned on when there are no other active classes. :roll:

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

If you use the ACC there should be no speed penalty for using QoS and you can leave it on at all times.

Adding options to QoS makes it more complicated and most users are already intimidated by all the options they have.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

Vioner wrote: F.e. so that users could easily pick in which periods the QoS feature is supposed to work - QoS turns on automatically at f.e. 8 AM and gets turned off again automatically at midnight so that downloading could go with full speed.
If you are using L7 protocol in your QoS, you can use the Firewall -> restrictions and put a limitation on specific L7 protocol at certain hours to do what you have suggested.

I do this here to try to block all p2p traffic during peak hours to exceeding data cap, though I notice some p2p traffic do pass through despite the block due to outdated L7 protocol.
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.