VLAN support?

Suggest improvements and new features for Gargoyle.

Moderator: Moderators

esimotas

VLAN support?

Post by esimotas »

Have been using TPLink WR741ND with OpenWrt a lot. Tried Gargoyle and found it fixes some things and in general is more stable but one feature missed is support for the internal switch (setting VLANs etc) in the GUI. Is it something that might be considered down the line ?

ericwong

Re: VLAN support?

Post by ericwong »

esimotas wrote:Have been using TPLink WR741ND with OpenWrt a lot. Tried Gargoyle and found it fixes some things and in general is more stable but one feature missed is support for the internal switch (setting VLANs etc) in the GUI. Is it something that might be considered down the line ?
Given the fact that OpenWRT doesn't really have VLAN configuration option in the web UI. I don't think gargoyle developers would implement this..

What I am hoping to happen is gargoyle will NOT mess up my VLAN configuration I had configured via SSH if I make simple changes like WIFI password/AP name. Currently, both gargoyle 1.4 and 1.5 will result in ALL my ethernet ports inaccessible after I make any network configuration changes, such as WIFI password.
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

jorgemiguel4

Re: VLAN support?

Post by jorgemiguel4 »

OpenWRT does have VLAN config in LuCI. It was cool to have it in gargoyle too. Something simple...