Multi wan support

Suggest improvements and new features for Gargoyle.

Moderator: Moderators

doritos

Multi wan support

Post by doritos »

Anyone interested in this feature?

Some time ago I've made some scripts for dd-wrt and now need this again. perhaps I could do the same for gargoyle if there is interest.

markc

Re: Multi wan support

Post by markc »

Yes. I would like to test 2 WAN links into a single WNDR3700 router if that is possible. I'd love to see what you've done for dd-wrt ported to Gargoyle.

mikej

Post by mikej »

Yes, me too please!!
Would this be different from the multiwan support already available for openwrt? The problem is that implementation of multiwan would need to be tied to Gargoyle's QOS routines?

Mike

doritos

Post by doritos »

mikej wrote:Yes, me too please!!
Would this be different from the multiwan support already available for openwrt? The problem is that implementation of multiwan would need to be tied to Gargoyle's QOS routines?

Mike
yep.. I started to learn how Eric did the QoS and did not find so easy to adapt the multiwan package found in OpenWRT repositories

Connos

Post by Connos »

Yes,that would be a great feature. Even a simple backup/fallover is welcome. Keep up the good work!

sajjadhalai

Post by sajjadhalai »

seems to good a MULTIWAN feature.. but it must be a seprate version, else the image file will be heavy

rnbguy

Post by rnbguy »

any luck with this?

sajjadhalai

Post by sajjadhalai »

still .. i think not.. it will be great feature also.

trex

Post by trex »

Im not sure what is the real meaning of multiwan, talking about use of this feature, but it would be interesting have 2 or more WAN links, Load Balancer or Fail over Link
Both of them would be great.
I understand that it is no so easy to do that, think that all scripts written must be tweaked to integrate this feature.

ericwong

Post by ericwong »

trex wrote:it would be interesting have 2 or more WAN links, Load Balancer or Fail over Link
Both of them would be great.
I understand that it is no so easy to do that, think that all scripts written must be tweaked to integrate this feature.
I stumble upon this script just now and it does exactly what you just said.
http://itbusters.wordpress.com/2013/02/ ... -wr1043nd/
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.