Initial IP, Manual time setting, Add FTP server

Suggest improvements and new features for Gargoyle.

Moderator: Moderators

voortdoorn

Initial IP, Manual time setting, Add FTP server

Post by voortdoorn »

Feature requests/suggestions:

1. It would be useful to have a tool that allows an initial IP address other than 192.168.1.1 to be set by the user for a firmware flash.

2. Could settings be added to manually set the time or upload the browser time. This would avoid the long wait after an initial setup while the router thinks it is in 1970. One of my routers can't even see the internet time servers.

3. If USB Storage could be set as an FTP server, this could provide my security camera backup storage and my Deathstar would be COMPLETE!

Thanks. This firmware is already UNREAL! :D

lceron80

Re: Initial IP, Manual time setting, Add FTP server

Post by lceron80 »

I second the FTP server feature request. I recently found the need for a security cam and therefore FTP need. I don't like my netgears stock firmwares and dd-wrt is buggier than ever. If flash size is an issue, maybe only those routers with plenty of flash should be allowed to run it.
1x wndr3700v4 exp. 1.9.x
1x wndr3800 exp. 1.9.x
1x wndr4300v1 exp. 1.9.x
1x wndrmacv2 exp. 1.9.x

lceron80

Post by lceron80 »

Come on Eric this should be taking into consideration. Every USB soho commercial router out there comes with FTP by default. This will make gargoyle a perfect flavor compared to the rest that have too many useless features. Is there anything that we can do to to persuade you into it?
1x wndr3700v4 exp. 1.9.x
1x wndr3800 exp. 1.9.x
1x wndr4300v1 exp. 1.9.x
1x wndrmacv2 exp. 1.9.x

Hoggy

Post by Hoggy »

I'll third the FTP request. It would be nice to move around inside the router using my favorite Can't-be-without utility: Directory Opus 10.

I don't see why the security issue would be any worse than already allowing SSH into the router... Even make it so only LAN-side entry is possible - at least by default.
Netgear WNDR3800 w/Gargoyle 1.5.8 (using)
Netgear WNDR3700v3 w/Factory FW (now as backup)
Noticed wireless is stronger in WNDR3800 too.