Time Quota

Suggest improvements and new features for Gargoyle.

Moderator: Moderators

Lantis

Re: Time Quota

Post by Lantis »

Yes like I said above if you captive portal and login/logout it will probably be fine.
It’s hard to use that on iot devices or game consoles for example. That gets a bit tricky.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

I would put hard time locks on those devices as they are unlikely to be required for school work.

Its the computers that they use for school and play that gets tricky. (I need it for my home work at 3:00am, really?)

When I was a kids the internet didn't exist. Now I find that the best way for behavior modification is to reduce internet time. Loose half an hour of internet time is like the end of the world.

My son get 3 or 4 hours a day and that can get reduced depending on how the day goes. (how many times he hits his sister's)

You just wait Lantis.....

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Alright I’ll write a captive portal solution after I get Gargoyle running on 22.03. I’ve already had a few thoughts on how to do it.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Lantis wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2022 9:36 pm
Alright I’ll write a captive portal solution after I get Gargoyle running on 22.03. I’ve already had a few thoughts on how to do it.
no pressure, it up to you :)

My son Toby did asked me "What did Lantis say"

I told him "Lantis thinks its really tricky and unlikely"

He had such a sad face :)