Asus RT-N12 B1 (8MB Flash) Request

Suggest improvements and new features for Gargoyle.

Moderator: Moderators

uiotewre

Asus RT-N12 B1 (8MB Flash) Request

Post by uiotewre »

Firstly, I'm aware a different revision of this model was rejected on the basis of it having only a 4MB flash, but the B1 has 8MB.

The last TomatoUSB Shibby build for this model is unstable and the router reboots with it at least once a day (and not because of hardware issues - I refurbished the routers, as well as the power adapter).

So:
1) The generic image will not work on it, correct?
2) Would you please kindly produce a firmware for me for this particular model?

Thanks

Lantis

Re: Asus RT-N12 B1 (8MB Flash) Request

Post by Lantis »

It still has a very slow CPU and won’t perform well.
But if you want to try it yourself, the documentation section should get you going.

I don’t think the generic image will work on it no.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

uiotewre

Post by uiotewre »

If it's as simple as choosing a target and compiling, it should be easy...

But what would be involved after following the building from source instructions here:

https://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/do ... umentation

Will the compilation process have a target for the RT-N12 B1? OpenWRT supports it from 15.05. Since Gargoyle is OpenWRT based, will it have the target included as well? Thanks

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

The brcm47xx target would be close but not quite right.
You'll need to do a "make custom" and select your router from the menu which should configure it for brcm47xx/mips47k.

Once this is saved, i tend to kill the build process. Rescue the .config file from within the /custom-src directory and build my own target folder in the /targets directory.
In your case i would make a "mips74k" folder underneath "brcm47xx" and copy the same images file across. Rename the ".config" to "config".

Then you can call "make FULL_BUILD=true brcm47xx/mips74k".

For your own sanity, i would run "make FULL_BUILD=true brcm47xx" before trying any of this to make sure your build environment is 100% and you can complete a stock build first.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

uiotewre

Post by uiotewre »

Lantis wrote:The brcm47xx target would be close but not quite right.
You'll need to do a "make custom" and select your router from the menu which should configure it for brcm47xx/mips47k.

Once this is saved, i tend to kill the build process. Rescue the .config file from within the /custom-src directory and build my own target folder in the /targets directory.
In your case i would make a "mips74k" folder underneath "brcm47xx" and copy the same images file across. Rename the ".config" to "config".

Then you can call "make FULL_BUILD=true brcm47xx/mips74k".

For your own sanity, i would run "make FULL_BUILD=true brcm47xx" before trying any of this to make sure your build environment is 100% and you can complete a stock build first.
Thank you very much.

I will report back on the build.