Archer C7 v4 firmware

Suggest improvements and new features for Gargoyle.

Moderator: Moderators

CMM

Archer C7 v4 firmware

Post by CMM »

Hi All

We've been successfully using Archer C7 v2 routers with Gargoyle for customers and recently had another batch of routers brought down to the Falkland Islands (only satellite Internet with very expensive bandwidth allowances) from the UK. Unfortunately it seems that the stock of v2 routers has been depleted and the ones we received are v4.

Having had a look around this evening, there is support for the v4 in the LEDE snapshot releases and it has had a commit submitted. I have successfully installed the snapshot release and under (brief) testing all seems well with the device.

What are the options for getting a Gargoyle release to support this hardware? Is anyone willing/able to help create a custom fw in the meantime?

Many thanks
Chris

ispyisail

Re: Archer C7 v4 firmware

Post by ispyisail »

don't hold your breath

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Had a quick look.
Significant work to backport support into current Gargoyle. Several weeks of time without a guarantee of it working.

It would be better to wait for when Gargoyle moves to LEDE, and then support should follow automatically.

Hopefully Gargoyle can continue to help your customers in the future.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

CMM

Post by CMM »

OK thanks for looking. I did think that this would be case. We'll hang on for the LEDE based release for these devices.

kowalmisiek

Post by kowalmisiek »

Hello

When can you expect gargoyle support for archer c7 v4?