Qos and Restrictions lose detail

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Don.48

Qos and Restrictions lose detail

Post by Don.48 »

Hi, I purchased a GPR02 Gargoyle Pocket Router (v2) feb 2016 - set up rules -all worked, but was unable to save a backup from my android tablet nor from windows 10 - using chrome browser on both.
All rules worked for months then stoped. The rules titles were showing for both QOS up and down as well as restrictions but when I went to edit they were empty.

I then did a restore and started re creating rules (both Qos and restriction) - save and reboot - check - title was there but no details when I tried to edit.

net result is the gargoyle is a simple router - no rules or restrictions at all NBG
:evil:

all suggestions welcome - I have browsed the forums looking for applicable topics with no success :(
cheers
Don

Lantis

Re: Qos and Restrictions lose detail

Post by Lantis »

I think a factory reset, or possibly reflash, would be the best practice here.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

can you access the router at all?

Eric
Site Admin

Post by Eric »

My recommendation would be to upgrade the firmware to 1.9.1. Go to System/Update Firmware, DO NOT click 'attempt to preserve settings' and use this file: http://www.gargoyle-router.com/download ... pgrade.bin

Even though your router is technically out of the warranty period, if you brick your router from doing the upgrade I'm suggesting I'll offer you a refund (reference this forum post when contacting me by email if that happens).