Quota assignments not quite right?

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

sigwx

Quota assignments not quite right?

Post by sigwx »

Ok, so my quotas may be odd, not sure, but this was working ok for 1.8.1

I have 3 sets,
  • - an IP range with no download limit, and a very large upload limit
    (to essentially exclude them from being throttled on download in the last rule)
    - a download limit for a IP range (so for a group)
    - then a 'for the rest' rule (those without an explicit quota) with a download limit (for who happen to drop in)
which looks like:

and when I get to the login page (where is shows what my quota usage is) from a system in the first group (ip ending in .7), it appears like I'm in two different quota groups:

Is that an issue with the new quota code or with how I'm understanding how the rules are used, or is that information on the login page not what I think it is?

Thanks!
Last edited by sigwx on Thu Dec 29, 2016 3:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Lantis

Re: Quota assignments not quite right?

Post by Lantis »

Your images aren't working
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

sigwx

Post by sigwx »

Still getting google drive sorted... is that working better?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Have you tried readding the quotas?
I just set up the exact same rules as you and only had it display 1 quota to a device from group 1.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

sigwx

Post by sigwx »

Didn't think to, but now that I have things seem to look better. Thanks!

sigwx

Post by sigwx »

Spoke too soon :-(. After over nite checked again and I'm back to having two entries for the .7 system.

Also noticed that the value listed for the download in the Bandwidth Distribution is higher than the Quota Usage page. One system from the 60-66 group has a download for the day over 4.4gig, but the download in the Quota Usage for the entire group is 3.1gig.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Ok.
Let me try to test it again and I'll leave it for 48 hours.

sigwx

Post by sigwx »

As an experiment I took out the .1 - .48 rule and just have the .60 - .66 rule along with the 'everything else' rule. I'm now seeing that part of the data for the .66 shows up as an individual line in the quota status page, as well as in the group line (it was doing most of the downloading, so was easy to spot)

sigwx

Post by sigwx »

Were you able to see the same behavior from the quota rules?
As you probably noticed, I'm on your beta update for the WRT1900ACS, and I'm seeing the 'double rules' on that build as well.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I never saw the issue over a period of 4 days when I finally remembered to remove it.
But then forgot to post back here.
Until I can reproduce the issue it becomes hard to debug :(

Is it causing you any drama or is it just visually confusing for the moment?