Quota Tallies

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

GAChuck

Quota Tallies

Post by GAChuck »

Where/how are the bandwidth usage tallies stored relative to quota tracking? I've noticed that if Gargoyle is restarted, the daily quota's start counting from scratch (i.e. the figures for BW used between midnight and when the router is restarted are lost), but the monthly bandwidth picks up mostly where it left off (maybe it lost what was used since midnight as well).

I intend to pickup a battery powered inverter/backup unit but as it stands now, a momentary loss of power starts the daily usage figures over from scratch, effectively allowing users to consume more data than the law (ok, MY law) allows.

Is there a setting that provides some measure of persistence of this information allowing the system to pick up reasonably close to where it left off?
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 running 1.9.X

Lantis

Re: Quota Tallies

Post by Lantis »

The data is backed up every 4 hours
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.