Quota with QOS off

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

theone964

Quota with QOS off

Post by theone964 »

I have setup a regular network, no guest or anything.

I enabled quotas and set it to throttle the bandwidth when data is exceed (1MB). This was the best solution I could find to limiting each individuals bandwidth individually regardless of how much saturation there was on the network.

Issue is that when the Quota is reached the connection isn't throttled instead it is stopped. Even if I reboot the router the quota information is backed up and reapplied when the router starts up again so i have no internet.

The only way to start the internet connection again is by going to Firewall>Quotas> Save Changes. Then if I run a speed test my connection isn't throttled.

Any ideas on this? it seems that quotas is working but throttling isn't

nworbnhoj

Re: Quota with QOS off

Post by nworbnhoj »

It sounds to me that you are wishing to share bandwidth fairly (ie performance) but not actually needing to apply quotas. It seems that you are using a small quota (1MB) to initiate a throttle. If this is correct then you can ignore quotas and just work with the QoS config. Probably you will go a long way to achieving your aim by simply enabling Qos and ACC for both upload and download.

Have a look at some of these common scenarios
https://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/do ... _scenarios
Can you help someone else get Gargoyle up and running?
TL-WDR3600 : Gargoyle 1.9.0 : NBN FixedWireless
TL-WR1043ND-V2 : Gargoyle 1.8.0 : 3G Huawei E160E