OpenVPN client and QoS, B/W monitoring issues

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

nworbnhoj

Re: OpenVPN client and QoS, B/W monitoring issues

Post by nworbnhoj »

I certainly have not forgotten - but sorry no tangible progress. There is another technical issue in the way at the moment - and the usual life interruptions.
Can you help someone else get Gargoyle up and running?
TL-WDR3600 : Gargoyle 1.9.0 : NBN FixedWireless
TL-WR1043ND-V2 : Gargoyle 1.8.0 : 3G Huawei E160E

selma

Post by selma »

Thanks for the update!

DoorstepDignity

Post by DoorstepDignity »

Hello Gargoyles,

first of all: Thank you for this great firmware!

And now to my question: Any update on this?
I tried 1.8.1 and 1.9.0, unfortunately both have this problem.
Hardware: TL-WR1043 v2.1

Background:
We are bringing internet to a collective accommodation for refugees via LTE (no wired broadband available).
We only have a quota of 30 GB from our ISP for 36 people living there (biggest LTE contract available in Germany).
To avoid that one can consume all the highspeed capacity, I wanted to set up host based quotas with Gargoyle.
Our problem is, that we have a law construct called "Störerhaftung" (liability for disturbance) in germany - therefore we have to use a VPN connection, so the real IP isn't public visible.
It's really important for us that we get this working, last month someone used the whole monthly volume in one day... :/

Thank you very much!

Greetings

Max

PS: As workaround I will try to find a TL-WR841 v9 and use it to enforce the quota (but I have only v10s left, and can't find a Gargoyle firmware for them). If two routers aren't enough just use three ;)