QoS Download Load not updating

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Hiyoal

QoS Download Load not updating

Post by Hiyoal »

Hi there,

Pretty simple one here. I have been using QoS successfully for my household of around 25 devices all set to static IP's and different classes. The thing is, the Load (kbps) does not update at all and instead sits on * for all service classes.

This changes if I change the Total Bandwidth by something as small as 1kbps and save. After this save it starts to show line speeds for each service class in real time but as soon as I hit f5 to refresh my page or visit another page and come back to QoS downloads, it is stuck on *.

Any help?

Cheers

Lantis

Re: QoS Download Load not updating

Post by Lantis »

Gargoyle Version?
Browser?

I just tried it multiple times on 1.7.2 with Chrome with zero issues.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Hiyoal

Post by Hiyoal »

1.7.1 and the new 1.8. I updated to 1.8 thinking it may be an issue with 1.7.1 but to no avail.

Issues on both of them. Using up-to-date Chrome.
Just tested on up-to-date Firefox also.
Both reporting same results.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

can you produce the problem, and then do a logread?

problem could be:
webpage related, the script to update the page isn't running.
qos related, the service is crashing or quitting
firewall related, firewall may need a restart.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

I have seen this happen on some devices and did't know why. Not sure for the same reason you are seeing but did you try a different device? By different device I mean totally different like a PC vs a phone vs a tablet.

Anyway in my experience QoS is running fine so this is either browser or script related and most likely a browser setting. When you are using firefox you can enter developer mode and look for error messages there.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

Hiyoal

Post by Hiyoal »

Hi guys,

Sorry for the late reply.

Ive tried restarting the firewall by disabling it, restarting the router, re-enabling and testing, restarting then testing. Same results.

I don't know how to perform log reads. I am an Windows user not a linux user like many people I have seen on the forums. I have a linux partition but am not familiar with a lot of things in linux.

From firefox developer mode however, I see run_command.sh being run every second. This is the refresh for QoS correct? Values don't change though.

I have also tried viewing QoS on my phone, 5 of my housemates PC's and 2 Xbox's. Same thing. Definitely a router error.

Cheers guys.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

at this stage my advice would be a reset of the router via "firstboot".
this will destroy your current configuration.
what router by the way?

http://www.gargoyle-router.com/wiki/dok ... =firstboot

pkm

Post by pkm »

nvm it just fixed itself :S

Hiyoal

Post by Hiyoal »

Hi Lantis,

I have used firstboot and wiped the router clean a couple of times throughout the year with the same thing happening to QoS.

Router is a WDR4300.

I think you're in the wrong thread pkm. My issue is definitely not fixed.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

I'm not sure where to go to from here.
We have plenty of people on that router not reporting this issue.

I myself set one up last week and made a point to check it out and nothing was awry.

It leads me to believe that there is something about your unique setup or situation causing the problem. But I can't think of what.