Can we add some QOS options?

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Lantis

Re: Can we add some QOS options?

Post by Lantis »

Again not at a computer to test, so I don't know if you cba combine several commands into one cron job seperating with ";".
But, if you created an SH file with all the commands that you wanted to run inside it, you could just Call the one file. :)
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

guyso

Post by guyso »

Thanks again Lantis for your excellent advice.

While researching I found that "&&" allows me to join commends with the added benefit that the subsequent command does not run unless the previous one finished successfully. This seemed a good option to use so I tested the following cron tasks with a ten minute break between them and it work perfectly. I am using two minutes past 5pm and two minutes past 11pm as below tonight and I will see how it goes. I chose two minutes past the hour as there are other cron tasks happening on the hour and therefore it seemed best to avoid this time.

Using the original three commands worked beautifully last night and I am sure this will be the final amendment.

This has been a bit of fun and a great learning experience. Thanks for all the help and assistance you and others have provided.

2 17 * * * uci set qos_gargoyle.download.total_bandwidth=15000 && uci commit qos_gargoyle && /etc/init.d/qos_gargoyle restart
2 23 * * * uci set qos_gargoyle.download.total_bandwidth=30000 && uci commit qos_gargoyle && /etc/init.d/qos_gargoyle restart
Netgear WNDR3700 v1 and v2 and v4
Linksys WRT1900ACS

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

No problem mate :)
Glad you took our advice and put your own research into it too. Learning is important :)
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.