Non-resetting Quotas?

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

stylemessiah

Non-resetting Quotas?

Post by stylemessiah »

Hopefully this is a quick one...

How do you set non-resetting quotas?

At the moment, i have quotas for xxGb for a few residents who pay extra on their rent depending on how many Gb's they need, reset each month.

But i want them, once theyve used the xxGb, to not automatically get more when the month is up, so that they can pay for the next months access before the quota is reset

Whats the way to enable this on gargoyle?

Lantis

Re: Non-resetting Quotas?

Post by Lantis »

Can you clarify a bit more please?

Do I understand that you want:
Quota, download limit xxGB/month, resetting on a certain day each month, where the user has no way around this limit?

OR

Quota. Download limit xxGB/month, doesn't reset until they pay?

Option 2 is not possible without serious manual intervention.
i.e. They give you money, you log into router, remove quota, remake quota (therefore resetting it)
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

stylemessiah

Post by stylemessiah »

Lantis wrote:Can you clarify a bit more please?

Do I understand that you want:
Quota, download limit xxGB/month, resetting on a certain day each month, where the user has no way around this limit?

OR

Quota. Download limit xxGB/month, doesn't reset until they pay?

Option 2 is not possible without serious manual intervention.
i.e. They give you money, you log into router, remove quota, remake quota (therefore resetting it)
Sorry if i wasnt clear enough

Option 2

Im actually surprised theres not something already like a Never option in the drop down list for the Reset options, and a way to easily (via checkbox and/or buttons) enable/disable and manually reset quota for users

Im sure i cant be the only one who thinks this would be a good idea?

Guess im going to have to start poking into the exisiting code

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Your idea that you've just said is quite possible from memory of the code.
I believe the quota data is stored in a separate file so you just need to awk or Sed the data.
A never option I'm not sure about. Maybe it would be more appropriate to have it as "a very long time".
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

stylemessiah

Post by stylemessiah »

Lantis wrote:Your idea that you've just said is quite possible from memory of the code.
I believe the quota data is stored in a separate file so you just need to awk or Sed the data.
A never option I'm not sure about. Maybe it would be more appropriate to have it as "a very long time".
Hehe i like your sneaky theory of just setting the quota reset to a "very long time". Who knows, only a peek at the source will enlighten me.

Downloading src code now....