Please Help I've got a Defiant 13 Yea' old Terrorist Son tha

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Blue Network

Please Help I've got a Defiant 13 Yea' old Terrorist Son tha

Post by Blue Network »

that Re Sets the Router ( Because He Rationalizes that if He can't have any internet access whY should anybody eLse, Nevermind that He's already Used His 2.8 GB Quota in a Week that He Needed to last a Month, the Family Needs to Cope w/ 10 Gb a Month )... I've Just Lost Me Job & We're Trying to Economize But He's Not C8perating!!! He's a Gaming PC Addict w/ Windows 7, & kNows How 2 Change His Mac Address, I've Setup the Gargoyle Router to Only Allow Specific Mac Addresses.

Curiously when I want to state Bandwidth Quotas it Requires an ip address rather than a Mac address... Please Advise of a Better Process... Sorry if this seems a dum But I just haven't Slept in about a Week!

:)K

ispyisail

Re: Please Help I've got a Defiant 13 Yea' old Terrorist Son

Post by ispyisail »

can we see screen shots of you current config?

BernieBone

Post by BernieBone »

I've found the way around this is to set up another quota for "Others Individual", applies to "All Individual Hosts Without Explicit Quotas" and Max Total Up+Down: limit to 0.001 MBytes. When Exceeded: Shut Down All Internet Access.

So, along with the quota you already have set for his IP, you would also have this new quota, so even if he aquires a new IP, that new IP will basically be limited to 1KB and instantly shut down all internet access for that new rogue IP.

Hope that helps!

reditburd

Post by reditburd »

I know it's off topic and I apologize for that but the problem is not your router.

tapper

Post by tapper »

reditburd wrote:I know it's off topic and I apologize for that but the problem is not your router.
+1
Linksys WRT3200ACM
NETGEAR Nighthawk R7800
NETGEAR R6260

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

tapper wrote:
reditburd wrote:I know it's off topic and I apologize for that but the problem is not your router.
+1
+1

:)