qos_gargoyle gets truncated?

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

marvinandro

qos_gargoyle gets truncated?

Post by marvinandro »

Sorry for posting this again. Couldn't figure out a way to move my post from the 1.6.1 news category to the QoS Issues one.

Is there a limitation on the number of QoS rules or I'm experiencing a bug?

The qos_gargoyle file has all of my download_rule_*00 lines but the upload_rule_*00 ones get truncated as if the file cannot be more than certain number of chars.

I did vi qos_gargoyle directly on the router and entered all the rules manually. That appears to work fine (I'm at 'download_rule_2100' and 'upload_rule_1600') but the minute I go back on the GUI and try to even delete one rule (the VoIP L7 one, see below), qos_gargoyle would get truncated to the middle of the 'upload_rule_600' section.

I don't recall seeing that in the 1.5.X days but don't believe I was making QoS changes when I was on 1.6.0.

How I got here - my real issue: I was trying to limit the CrashPlan subnet to a lower upload priority and ended up adding quite a few lines. Can't figure out a way to just specify their subnet mask in the QoS filters. If anyone has done that, it'd reduce my qos_gargoyle file to the current limitation.
For some reason CrashPlan's upload traffic is categorized as VoIP and it kills every other network traffic in my home.

Thank you in advance,
Marv

pbix
Developer

Re: qos_gargoyle gets truncated?

Post by pbix »

Have you tried using CIDR format in your rules to specify the entire subnet?
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

marvinandro

Re: qos_gargoyle gets truncated?

Post by marvinandro »

pbix wrote:Have you tried using CIDR format in your rules to specify the entire subnet?
Where would I try that? I see "Destination IP" only and that field doesn't seem to like anything but a single, valid IP address.