Bandwidth backup and restore

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Ganymede

Bandwidth backup and restore

Post by Ganymede »

Hi everyone,

:?: Question - Bandwidth Backup & Restore :?:

Does anyone know if it is possible to backup and restore the bandwidth usage table? My only problem is if I loss power or my router gets disconnected then all the bandwidth data is loss. Then the Bandwidth Usage Table has to start all over again keeping new records. What method can I use to restore my loss data? I know there is an option to Download Bandwidth Data, but I don't know if it can be use to restore Bandwidth Usage Table.

Thanks for your help

webb

Re: Bandwidth backup and restore

Post by webb »

I would also like to have a way to backup the bandwidth data. Would there be a way to create a cronjob that exports a CSV and then SCPs it to a server?

jkemenade

Post by jkemenade »

Same here, I would like to be able to convert to csv & SCP the information in the Bandwidth Distribution Table.

Creating shell-scripts and cron-jobs is not a problem :-) I just want to know where the data is stored (/usr/data/bwmon ??), how to convert (/usr/bin/bw_convert ??) and the meaning of all the files.

If same can be achieved using alternative tools like vnstat and convertd, that is also ok, but I guess this is way too much overhead.

Background: collect daily statistics of bandwidth used by different host (if possible, per url).

John

psycik

Post by psycik »

There are .bw files in /tmp/data/bwmon

I tend to pull the bandwidth.csv file. I do currently put it into a program Ive written - but was wondering if anyone managed to figure a way of getting it into a permanent store? like mrtg or something?

I was thinking of expanding my system to show different stats but figured something must already exist - do you know anything?