Setting ping manually on ACC

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

coits

Re: Setting ping manually on ACC

Post by coits »

It seems that my internet speed will slow down drastically when setting "non-standard ping target to 8.8.8.8" and leave "custom ping limit to auto".

I have revert back my changes to "non-standard ping target to auto" and leave "custom ping limit to 60" as I find that my internet speed is consistent with a minimal changes in speed when running on acc/minrtt mode.

regards to all.
Gargoyle 1.9.x on Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H
Gargoyle 1.10.x on TP-Link Archer C7 v2.0
Gargoyle 1.11.x on WRT3200 acm

NGowner

Post by NGowner »

I've seen the same behavior from ACC and posted about it here: http://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/vi ... ner#p19551

My experience with ACC is that, over time, it halves the bandwidth available, and keeps it at that level.

I've run this test many time, always with the same result.

1) Set ACC to enable. Run speedtests. All show ~14 Mb/s.
2) Wait several days (3 - 5 days should suffice if you are a moderate user >50GB transfer per month).
3) After the wait, run speedtests. All show ~7.5 Mb/s download.
4) Set ACC to disable.
5) Run same speedtests immediately. All show ~15 Mb/s.

Line speed is 15/1 from TWC.

It's a great idea, but its implementation is apparently not dynamic. My experience is that ACC's link speed migration is only downward.

[NG]Owner

coits

Post by coits »

Hi [NG]Owner,

Have you tried to play around with QoS on 1.7.2 build, it seems that the ACC on this release is doing perfectly as expected.

It will aggressively adjust your speed based on the load, it doesn't halved your download speed. my router has been up for 6 days without any issues.

please let me know, if you notice something odd/interesting on the ACC implementation of this build.

Thanks,
Coits
Gargoyle 1.9.x on Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H
Gargoyle 1.10.x on TP-Link Archer C7 v2.0
Gargoyle 1.11.x on WRT3200 acm

orangetek

Post by orangetek »

I have been using ACC on a custom x86 build and i have noticed 2 things that can mess with real available bandwidth.

1. Random ping timeouts even when the connection is not under load will eventually bring the max limit way down.

2. If ACC has dropped your max limit, the only time the limit is increased is when load bandwidth reaches the the current limit and it increases it slowly at that.

There should be an option the ignore ping timeouts which i might have a go at doing myself and the limit should start increasing to the maximum limit once pings are stable even if the load on the connection is low.