About Quotas

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

powerlogy

About Quotas

Post by powerlogy »

Hello, my ISP currently using speed limiting quotas.I got a 10Mbps line until 50GB download quota when it's reached, bandwith will be 3Mbps.What i need is when network download quota exceeded to 50GB, i need to setup qos_gargoyle.download.total_bandwidth to 3000 in order to work qos perfect condition.

I look source of quota system, i think i need a lead.Thanks.

Example of opinion:

Until 50GB Download quota :
qos_gargoyle.download.total_bandwidth=10000

Exceed 50GB Download quota, set total_bandwith to :
qos_gargoyle.download.total_bandwidth=3000

pbix
Developer

Re: About Quotas

Post by pbix »

Gargoyle ACC will handle this situation for you. Set your download bandwidth to 10Mbps and enable ACC.

When your actual bandwidth changes ACC will automatically detect it and adjust accordingly.

ACC was designed specifically for detecting changes in your download speed.

Let us know how it goes.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

powerlogy

Post by powerlogy »

Seems i got problem.My line speed dropped to 3Mbps, so bandwith won't go up as 10Mbps.

Code: Select all

Congestion Control Status
State: ACTIVE
Link limit: 9000 (kbps)
Fair Link limit: 9000 (kbps)
Link load: 2756 (kbps)
Ping: 6 (ms)
Filtered ping: 8 (ms)
Ping time limit: 49 (ms) [25/49]
Classes Active: 2
And QoS thinks bw capacity limit isn't reached yet, so it isn't sharing bandwith between classes as the rules percentages.

i think i'm going to use hw button with simple bash script to change qos_gargoyle.download.total_bandwidth.

at /etc/system

config button 'wps_button_stop'
	option button 'wps'
	option action 'pressed'
	option handler '/etc/init.d/bw stop ; echo 1 > /sys/class/leds/tp-link:green:qss/brightness'

config button 'wps_button_restart'
	option button 'wps'
	option action 'released'
	option handler '/etc/init.d/bw restart ; echo 0 > /sys/class/leds/tp-link:green:qss/brightness'
	option min '1'
	option max '4'
at /etc/init.d/bw

#!/bin/sh /etc/rc.common
stop() {
uci set qos_gargoyle.download.total_bandwidth=10000
/etc/init.d/qos_gargoyle reload
echo "DL BW set to 10Mbps."
}
restart() {
uci set qos_gargoyle.download.total_bandwidth=3000
/etc/init.d/qos_gargoyle reload
echo "DL BW set to 3Mbps."
}
If there is a automated way please share.Thanks pbix.

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

Yes,

Why do you need to limit your speed prematurely? Just wait until your ISP limits your speed and then ACC will automatically follow.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

powerlogy

Post by powerlogy »

I tried ACC solution it works but when the link is not complete under load and ping times are fine, it raises link limit too fast and this leads to broken percent bandwith at capacity options because link limit get to high, qos application thinks WAN link is not saturated.
Example :

Congestion Control Status
State: ACTIVE
Link limit: 3250 (kbps)
Fair Link limit: 3250 (kbps)
Link load: 2870 (kbps)
What i see is my link speed isn't stable but it goes up to 2950kbps max.But auto ACC link limit is goes beyond that.
//Do not increase the bandwidth until we reach 85% of the current setting.
it says in source.Can i complie it with %95 ?

Sorry about my language.

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

Of course you can compile any value you want to try.

But how about the ping limit? What happens to the ping times in this mode? If there is no effect on ping times then the ACC cannot work.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

powerlogy

Post by powerlogy »

pbix wrote:Of course you can compile any value you want to try.

But how about the ping limit? What happens to the ping times in this mode? If there is no effect on ping times then the ACC cannot work.
I don't know either , my gateway's ping values doesn't goes up while my line under heavy load, i don't know why.This happened after i use these ridiculous ISP's line, speed quotas.My speed drops to 3Mbps but when i load line under 3Mbps pings to my first gateway doesnt rise up.Always 7-8ms.

Pbix, these class capacity percent values kicks in all total download bw is saturated.Is there a way to apply class bw share all times, like first,second,third priority class ?

Fast	33%	
Slow  1%  <- Bulk class, doesn't get bw if other classes bw reaches half of their percent values.
Normal	55%
For example, we got a three class with these percent values.So in theory slow class must like bulk priority all times.To gain that if a class's bandwith usage go higher than half of it's own percent value.Then bw sharing between classes can kick in and first to, drop the bulk class to lowest bw value and then, share remaning bandwith between to higher percent classes.

I know it isnt perfect thought maybe isnt necessary but when the QoS system is fully demanding on link saturation with ACC cames with problems on my situation.I don't trust ping times anymore.

Wish i got a knowledge to programming.I asked too many things sorry about that , thanks pbix.

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

You should try a different ping target. While your line is saturated do some pinging to your DNS server and other places. Look for a target which gives pings of 20-100ms while the link is saturated.

All QoS depends on saturation. There is no other way.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

powerlogy

Post by powerlogy »

pbix wrote:You should try a different ping target. While your line is saturated do some pinging to your DNS server and other places. Look for a target which gives pings of 20-100ms while the link is saturated.

All QoS depends on saturation. There is no other way.
Thanks i will.