QoS: Typo in bittorrent.pat

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

ericwong

QoS: Typo in bittorrent.pat

Post by ericwong »

I noticed there is a bug fix here for bittorrent.pat which is not implemented in the bittorrent.pat in the latest Gargoyle build.
The bittorrent filter is missing a "pipe": The subpattern

get /scrape\?info_hash=get /announce\?info_hash=

needs a pipe before the second "get"

get /scrape\?info_hash=|get /announce\?info_hash=
http://l7-filter.clearfoundation.com/tr ... .php?id=12

Anyone have any idea what this fix might do?
I hope it will help to identify more Bittorrent traffic correctly :)
Eric Wong

PM me if you need to buy Gargoyle router in Australia/NZ, willing to pay me to help you on your Gargoyle configurations or build custom configured ROM with pre-installed app or try to fix your bricked router. Yes, I am looking for job/work.

jorgemiguel4

Re: QoS: Typo in bittorrent.pat

Post by jorgemiguel4 »

It's a OR condition, so router will look for:
get /scrape\?info_hash=
OR
get /announce\?info_hash=

If one matches, it assumes that's a bittorrent packet.

pbix
Developer

Re: QoS: Typo in bittorrent.pat

Post by pbix »

I have no idea what this "fix" might do but l7 pattern matching is in general not reliable. The l7-filter site http://l7-filter.clearfoundation.com/do ... t#archives has largely fallen silent in recent years because of lack of interest.

While one developer has made changes to the patterns in the svn as recently as 2011 there have been no official releases of l7-filter since 2009. OpenWRT uses the official releases of such upstream packages and until/if there is an official release that contains the latest stuff there will be nothing new in l7-filter land.

Gargoyle users interested in trying new pattern files can copy them into the l7-filter directory on their routers.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM