Only a few hosts visible in graph list

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

P-O

Only a few hosts visible in graph list

Post by P-O »

Hi!

When I try to select a specific host to plot, only a few are visible in the 15 min time frame. There is a lot of traffic in the total view and i can see all IP and host name in the Connection List. Sometimes the hosts with most traffic is not possible to select in the drop-down list.
It is the same problem when trying to choose an IP adress in the list, the same hosts are visible in that list.

When rebooting the router it seems to work a couple of minutes.

Any idea?

Update:

The lower part of the B/W Distribution page seems to work perfect. All hosts for every minute, quarter,....
The upper part with pie diagram shows a lot of hosts but one quarter there was a host with 32% load in the bottom part which was shown in "others" in the pie diagrams.
By changing the time frame and go back to that specific quarter this 32% load host were shown as a separate segment in the pie.

P-O

Re: Only a few hosts visible in graph list

Post by P-O »

Hi again!

I have found a workaround :D

If I choose 6h as time frame I can select the host i would like to study. If I then go back to 15 min time frame, the graph for that host is shown.

Update:

Unfortunately this workaround only seems to work sometimes.

my Gargoyle version is 1.5.8

P-O

Post by P-O »

Hi!

More information:

After reboot, there is a lot of connected hosts in the drop-down list but after a couple of minutes most of them disappears.

Only three hosts are visible and it seems to be those with lowest ip- address.

This behaviour is only when choosing 15 min time frame.

P-O

Post by P-O »

Hi!

First of all I will thank you Eric and other for a suberb router software!

I use Ubiquiti Airrouter with 1.5.9. The router is connected to a VDSL connection with approximately 24/2 Mbps. Wireless is enabled in this router.

I have another Ubiquiti Airrouter with original AirOs as a wireless access point.
There is a nice feature built in the original firmware, AirView which is a spectrum analyzer for the wireless band where it is possible to find interference objects as microwave ovens... Wi-spy is much more expensive.

The Airrouter is a 32MB/8MB AR7240 based router.

I use a Gigabit lan as backbone in my house with D-Link DGS-1008 and DGS-1005 switches. Verý good value for the money. Thyis backbone has worked perfect a couple of years.

My new router setup and new VDSL has run perfect since the beginning of december, the Gargoyle router software does a magnificient job!

There is however a few things that I try to understand and one of them is the high resolution 15 min graph.

I have tried to do some investigation.

If I enable the high res. data all hosts are visible in the drop down list but within the first 15 min time frame the number of hosts drops and after 15 minutes there is continously 3 to 4 visible hosts (IP and hostname) in the drop down list, the IPs with lowest number.
In total I have roughly 20 hosts with static assigned IP-adresses

In total it seems to be posible continously to have high res data for:

3 Total (up, down and total)
5 QoS upload classes
8 Qos download classes
3x2 Hosts (up/down)

In the overview the memory usage seems to vary slightly around 50%.
I have a PRTG Network monitor logger on the free memory (free command). This seems to vary between 2.4 and 3.7 MB
I also have a PRTG probe on the Load and this seems to peak at 0.7 idlie at 0.05 and an average value at 0.2 under normal load.
I have also seen on a ping probe that my providers default Gateway drops some packets but the primary DNS adress is very stable. I have change to this iP for the congestion control, comments?

Is there a memory limitation for the bandtwith monitor?

edresor

Post by edresor »

Thanks Eric for great software and a good router. Thanks P-O for the helpful workaround. I have the same limitation on graphing bandwidth with the router below purchased in June, 2013 with the software installed.

I need to save data with 15 min. resolution for all hosts, but 6 hr. graph resolution is OK. 1 or 2 hour would be nicer than 6, but I hope to come up with some Excel spreadsheets to make my own graphs. I am trying to figure out if the higher resolution (finer than 15 min.) downloaded data is limited to the first three hosts and if the "COMBINED" data includes all hosts or only these hosts.

Ed

Device Name: Gargoyle
Gargoyle Version: 1.5.10
Model: TP-Link TL-WR1043N/ND v1
Device Configuration: Gateway
Memory Usage: 15.8MB / 28.5MB (55.6%)
Connections: 194/4096
CPU Load Averages: 0.17 / 0.05 / 0.06  (1/5/15 minutes)
Uptime: 0 days, 10 hours, 41 minutes
Current Date & Time: 07/18/13 20:34 MDT