QoS Percent Bandwidth At Capacity not working right

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

powerlogy

New video about my qos bandwith problem

Post by powerlogy »

Hello pbix, i made a new video about my problem on qos.And in this video i explained things with writing everything on screen step by step.

This one a little bit longer about 20 minutes, please if you have time please consider it to watch.

Thank you mate for helping us :|

http://youtu.be/_mWIt0zTjgk

pbix
Developer

Re: QoS Percent Bandwidth At Capacity not working right

Post by pbix »

Thanks for the video, I will comment that the notepad screen was cut off the right side of the video so some text I could not read.

I think we have already established that ACC does not measure good ping targets in your case and that a manual setting of 80ms will give good results. I saw that MinRTT also gave 3Mbps throughput so not sure there is any advantage to you have using ACTIVE mode. Not sure why you say that MinRTT is killing your bandwidth when your video shows clearly that it did not.

In this last video it looks like ACC selected an ACTIVE mode ping target of 220ms when maybe 150ms would have been a better choice. If you want you can manually edit your /etc/init.d/qos_gargoyle file and find the following line:

Code: Select all

pinglimit=$((1500*10*2/3/$total_download_bandwidth+1500*10/$total_upload_bandwidth+2))
and change to

pinglimit=$((1000*10*2/3/$total_download_bandwidth+1000*10/$total_upload_bandwidth+2))
Then your ACTIVE ping limit should be more like 150ms I think and things might work more to your liking. If that does not work reduce the 1000->750 and try that. This adjustment is reducing the difference in ping times between MinRTT mode and ACTIVE mode but there still will be a difference.

Regarding torrents, you and others on this thread have mentioned problems but instead of showing me the problem you stopped the video and just made a statement that I am supposed to believe. I guess I should consult my crystal ball here to figure out what issue you are having.

In this case I await a video showing QoS breaking just because Torrents started AND that you did not run out of connections or upload bandwidth. Your status screen shows you have only allocated 4096 connections which may be low for a torrent user.

I like to help people and donate a lot of time for free in this forum doing just that. I have received exactly $0 for all the Gargoyle work I have done. You will have to excuse me when I insist that users work harder than me in solving their own problems. To get my help you must show me the problem while the problem is happening including the screens I ask for regardless of how hard that is for you to do. When you do that I will be happy to investigate, until then alleged problems with torrents are just that to me.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

powerlogy

Post by powerlogy »

Thank you pbix, i think i found the problem here.My connection is cable modem so, i'm using dhcp as wan protocol.When i set the pppoe to dhcp problem got solved ping are fine as bw sharing, but pppoe overhead dropped my available bandwith right now.

wan_proto=$(uci get network.wan.proto 2>/dev/null)
	if [ "$wan_proto" = "dhcp" ] ; then
how can we improve my connection for using it with cable modem docsis 2.0 ?

#Set the atm parameters if pppoe is being used.
	wan_proto=$(uci get network.wan.proto 2>/dev/null)
	if [ "$wan_proto" = "dhcp" ] ; then
		#On my PPPoE WAN link I see the following overhead
		#MAC Header=14 & PPPoE=8 plus I read that an addition ATM=8 is added by the modem"
		overhead="stab linklayer atm overhead 30 mtu 1492 tsize 128 "
	#else
		#Even for the ethernet cases I do not think the qdisc sees the MAC Header
		#but for now leave this out.
		#overhead="stab linklayer ethernet overhead 14 mpu 64"
	fi

Being a student at university is poor man's job, hope i will have that donation money soon

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

Well I cannot understand what you did other that it was not what I asked you to do.

But if you are happy then I guess everything is good.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM