QoS configuration disappears after power loss and breaks WAN

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

thelordabdo

Re: QoS configuration disappears after power loss and breaks

Post by thelordabdo »

I am new to gargoyle , but I can Confirm that i faced the same issue with version 1.8.0 , My router : TP-Link TL-WR841N/ND v9 , and yes more than one window of Gargoyle where opened , but only one that i was changing .

(EDIT)

I have tried to use just one window ( using Google chrome and IE ) , once i change any thing at the default rules at QOS (upload) , I canot save any thing at the QOS (Download) , as when i change the QOS ( Download) and click save changes , then going to the QOS (upload) then back to the QOS (Download) , I find that nothing i have made is saved at the QOS ( Download) , this is a series problem that preventing me from using the whole QOS , I really will appreciate any help .
Archer C7 V5 / Gargoyle 1.12.0
TL-WR1043ND V2 / Gargoyle 1.10.0
TL-WR841ND V9 / GArgoyle 1.10.0

coits

Post by coits »

It's a known bug, just use one tab when updating QoS for download and upload then save it.

regards
Gargoyle 1.9.x on Buffalo WZR-HP-AG300H
Gargoyle 1.10.x on TP-Link Archer C7 v2.0
Gargoyle 1.11.x on WRT3200 acm

thelordabdo

Post by thelordabdo »

coits wrote:It's a known bug, just use one tab when updating QoS for download and upload then save it.

regards
Thanks , I have managed to solve it by hard reset the router , now i can can save both QOS download and upload , it seems that changing it while opening opening a new tab has destroyed the config file completely , so only a hard rest could solve it .
Archer C7 V5 / Gargoyle 1.12.0
TL-WR1043ND V2 / Gargoyle 1.10.0
TL-WR841ND V9 / GArgoyle 1.10.0

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

hard reset the router
This solves many problems

I don't know if this was your case but many people preserve setting on upgrade which causes no end of problems

marcinkk

Post by marcinkk »

Version 1.9.2 on 1043ND V3 and the problem still exists.

I will try to follow the advice:
coits wrote:It's a known bug, just use one tab when updating QoS for download and upload then save it.
But mainly I wanted to write that I've encountered a similar problem when writing other configuration elements. The most annoying for me is Firewall -> Restrictions page. I need sometimes just to enable/disable one rule and than Save Changes. Sometimes works fine but sometimes my whole firewall configuration disappears :(

Is it RAM problem? Or script execution time problem?
Can it be somewhere configured? Can I increase the time for script execution after clicking save?

encro

Re: QoS configuration disappears after power loss and breaks WAN

Post by encro »

It's seems to be a Session State Tracking issue.
Don't have the Gargoyle Interface open in multiple windows or tabs. Use Gargoyle only as 1 page open and it won't happen.
Netgear WNDR3700v4 (N600) - Gargoyle 1.14.x
D-Link DIR-835 - Gargoyle 1.7.1 (Deceased)
Manual set up for PIA's OpenVPN in (Private Internet Access): https://www.gargoyle-router.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=9129&p=45410#p45410

d3fz

Re: QoS configuration disappears after power loss and breaks WAN

Post by d3fz »

encro wrote:It's seems to be a Session State Tracking issue.
Don't have the Gargoyle Interface open in multiple windows or tabs. Use Gargoyle only as 1 page open and it won't happen.
+1

Also, try to always keep a recent backup of your settings, so if anything goes wrong, you can always manually restore it (WinSCP) in no time.
TP-Link Archer C7 v2 - Gargoyle 1.12.X
TP-Link WR842ND v2 - Gargoyle 1.10.X
TP-Link RE450 AC v2 - Stock FW 1.0.4
TP-Link WA850RE v1.2 - LEDE 17.01.1