Custom redirect page when quota exceeded

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

bjm

Re: Custom redirect page when quota exceeded

Post by bjm »

Actually if you really wanted to you could simply find the line of code the actually detected when someone is over their limit and redirects them to the login page. Just change the redirection URL to whatever you want. I'm actually looking for this code at the moment myself for a different but similar purpose for a package I want to develop.

kobysport

Post by kobysport »

bjm wrote:Acutally if you really wanted to you could simply find the line of code the actually dectecs when someone is over their limit and redirects them to the login page. Just change the redirection URL to whatever you want. I'm actually looking for this code at the moment myself for a different but similar purpose for a package I want to develope.
and that particular file should be modified?
I would love to do it, or you can edit the message when the quota .. But more interesting was to change the URL
greetings and thanks!

kobysport

Post by kobysport »

anyone know how to edit that?

bjm

Post by bjm »

Not sure. You might have to go exploring through the scripts in a built image or maybe have a look through the source code. I'll post it here if I find it but I wouldn't be waiting on that, I have to figure out a lot before I get to that stage where I actually know what I'm doing. Still learning linux, hardware stuff and the coding used.

There is another option though. Replace the login page with a page that redirects you somewhere else, or is the page you want to display. That way, when it forwards them to the login page (which it does when they exceed their limit) they are forwarded there (though you may have issues if it's on the internet and you've cut all internet access once their limit is exceeded)

That method would also mean you need to find another way to login via the Web GUI. Possibly just dupe the login page and give it a different name that you have to manually enter (or link to).

kobysport

Post by kobysport »

is not as eso.si can redirect all the main page for all, then surely by accessing https also can not go well?
but if I could modify the login page .. and I could serve.
a greeting

trex

Post by trex »

there is the source files....
https://github.com/ericpaulbishop/gargo ... /files/www
the quota.sh or the quota.js in the /js folder will content the line that redirects you to the login page... I don't know how exactly to change.. 8-)

kobysport

Post by kobysport »

trex wrote:there is the source files....
https://github.com/ericpaulbishop/gargo ... /files/www
the quota.sh or the quota.js in the /js folder will content the line that redirects you to the login page... I don't know how exactly to change.. 8-)
Thank you! I'll also take a look to see if I see something ... to see if it encourages more people to this topic hehe
Greetings!

kobysport

Post by kobysport »

I found nothing in those files .. perhaps somewhere, in some firewall file

kobysport

Post by kobysport »

news?
in a router as Tp 1043ND swap link with a USB
you could install and configure some captive portal from the web interface?

kobysport

Post by kobysport »

iptables i was looking for and I think that's the issue goes .. but found nothing.