Qos and web usage stop working after a few hours

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

luniq

Qos and web usage stop working after a few hours

Post by luniq »

Hi, i am having a problem with my router, wndr3700v1 with firmware 1.5. The qos and web usage stop working after few hours. When this happens, web usage doesnt show any stats and at qos page doesnt show the load and acc state disabled. It is as if they are disabled but the enable boxes are still ticked when this happen. Restarting the router reenables the settings. I have tried going back to original firmware and flash back 1.5 (did 30/30/30 before and after flashing) but this problem still persist. Any ideas?

I have flashed my router with gargoyle 3 times. The first one going from arokh openwrt, the second one i installed the 1.4 version but went back to 1.5 afterwards, and the third one as i explained above. The first time i flashed i didnt have this problem and by the second and third time i get this problem. If i remember correctly, the first time i flashed, the default qos setting had the connection bytes : 512kbytes at normal class but after i flashed for the second and third time, this setting was not there, the default setting of class normal is the same as class fast. Could it be related with my problem now?

behappy

Re: Qos and web usage stop working after a few hours

Post by behappy »

My suggestion reflash yr router using winscp, pretty simple using it.
Copy the fw file to the tmp folder renaming code.bin then open a putty session from winscp using those commands
cd /tmp
mtd -e firmware -r write code.bin firmware

Yr esxsisting fw will be erased then reconfig yr router from scratch.

luniq

Post by luniq »

Im gonna try that. Thanks :D

pbix
Developer

Post by pbix »

Did you try to restore the default settings using the web control under system/Backup Restore?

if your "web usage and qos" stops after hours of usage then the most likely cause it seems to me is that you lost your WAN connection. The next time this happens look at the green lights on the WAN connector. Are they on? Describe your WAN connection. What kind of modem do you have.

qos starts and stops automatically when the WAN link qoes up and down.
Linksys WRT1900ACv2
Netgear WNDR3700v2
TP Link 1043ND v3
TP-Link TL-WDR3600 v1
Buffalo WZR-HP-G300NH2
WRT54G-TM

luniq

Post by luniq »

Didnt thought of restoring default settings since i just installed the firmware but I just restored the default and the qos settig is back to the proper default setting (with connection bytes setting in normal class)

I am using cable internet it is always on and the connection rarely drop, so i dont think it is the cause since this problem happens everyday.

I think restoring the default might fix it, i will report on it tomorrow.

luniq

Post by luniq »

Yep, restoring default settings fix the problem. Its been at least 20 hours since router last restarted, web usage and qos still working :D

Thanks Again!