Weird behaviour of bandwidth charts

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

lollapalooza

Weird behaviour of bandwidth charts

Post by lollapalooza »

There's something strange in BW charts.

I have a WNDR3700 V2, with Gargoyle V1.12.
The option "Save High Resolution 15 Minute Timeframe Data For All Hosts" is enabled.

When I select "Total Bandwidth" to be displayed, I have charts in hi-res for all time frames: 15 min, 6 hours, 24 hours, etc.

When I select "OpenVPN" to be displayed, I still have charts in hi-res for all time frames: 15 min, 6 hours, 24 hours, etc.

When I select "Hostname" to be displayed, I have charts in hi-res for 15 minutes time frame only.
When I select other time frames (6 hours, 24 hours, etc), I have low-res charts, for all hosts.

Any explaination for that?

Screenshots for Total Bandwidth:
Image Image Image Image Image

Screenshots for OpenVPN:

Screenshots for host:

Lantis

Re: Weird behaviour of bandwidth charts

Post by Lantis »

Save High Resolution 15 Minute Timeframe Data For All Hosts.

It is doing what it says on the label.
It uses too much RAM to capture high res data for all hosts at any longer time intervals.
Maybe on a modern device that isn't true anymore, but the function is written for the 15 minute case only.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

lollapalooza

Re: Weird behaviour of bandwidth charts

Post by lollapalooza »

Got it... thank you.
As the "total bandwidth" and "OpenVPN" was hi-res for all the time slices, I tought it was the same also for other hosts.