Qos classification Rule setup

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

dory52

Qos classification Rule setup

Post by dory52 »

Hello, i have v 1.10.0 on TL-WR741ND v4
i am noob in networking and the aim for giving a shot to Gargoyle so i can monitor and limit bandwidth for certain IPs and apply quota for them and quite understand the basics for that , but i am stuck in Qos new classification rule and can't figure how to set it up and what should i put in all these blanks !!
i want for example to add Admin rule to have full bandwidth , and kids rule with certain bandwidth .. but when i applied the 2 rules myself it acts to all the same regardless what i set bandwidth for each rule ..
please i want simplified illustration what should i do ?
Thanks alot in advance

ispyisail

Re: Qos classification Rule setup

Post by ispyisail »

dory52

Post by dory52 »

i have already checked these scenarios and quite know the concept But can not apply ,
For example : ATTACHMENT
i don't know how i force kids IPs to use a service class of (KIDS)
and preserve my own Admin service class. i have already static ip for all the hosts..
because the Qos always act by default setting not the classification rule .. also i may be wrong .. is that correct to apply my own ip as destination ip and port 53 in download Qos and the vice versa in Upload Qos as source ip ?!..

attachment 2 my service classes with my preferred distribution ??
what is wrong with my setting ?

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Please post your settings to an external image host and then link them here.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.