BW usage now reporting too low

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

softstorm

BW usage now reporting too low

Post by softstorm »

I might have messed up the monitoring data when I flipped between 1.12 and 1.11 a couple of times this month (I restored a bad config, had to firstboot) I don't need to fix this month's data, but what's the right way to fix the monitoring data from today onwards? Ideally I would like to retain data from February and earlier months. Feb showed 90GB per month (correct), but March shows 12GB (at least 8 times too low.)

Lantis

Re: BW usage now reporting too low

Post by Lantis »

Corrupted data is not easy to fix. You would have to forge the history file and reload it to the router.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

softstorm

Post by softstorm »

No problem. Please recommend the best procedure to start over. I have a feeling that Restore Default Configuration isn't enough to wipe out the historical data.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

It would, but if that is the only thing you want to do:

Code: Select all

/etc/init.d/bwmon_gargoyle stop
rm /usr/data/bwmon/*
rm /tmp/data/bwmon/*
/etc/init.d/bwmon_gargoyle start
Or, press the Delete Data button on the Bandwidth Usage page
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

softstorm

Post by softstorm »

Great answer, kicking myself about the Delete button, although if data has been collecting for months you have to scroll down a *very* long way to see the magic Delete button I never noticed. Have a great weekend, what's left of it.