Bandwidth pages aren't separating months correctly...

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Zifnab

Bandwidth pages aren't separating months correctly...

Post by Zifnab »

I'm not sure what the exact issue is, but I installed the Gargoyle firmware on my router a week ago and it's been working great to help monitor my and my roommate's B/W usage to determine what's causing us to blast through Xfinity's TB limit each month.

Yesterday when the month rolled over, I went to look at B/W usage and everything has gone haywire.

On the B/W Distribution page when I go to view "Days" => "July 31" it shows one of our devices as having used 28 GB, and "August 1" shows that same device using 13 GB... For some reason there is no "August 2" option in the dropdown even though it knows my timezone and shows the correct time on the status page. (It's August 2 at 1:35 PM atm).

When I select the "months" dropdown view option, the distribution interval dropdown has the options "July 2019" and "July 2019" (not a typo). Selecting the second option shows data for last month (July) for ~1 second, and then some javascript automatically switches it back to the first option and shows only data for this month (August). But oddly it's showing that device as having used 41 GB (I've determined that for some reason it has added Jul 31 and Aug 1 and put that as the total for the most recent "July 2019"... which I assume is *supposed* to say "August 2019").

When I go to the "Bandwidth Usage" page, and in the "Bandwidth Usage Table" choose the options "months" / "Hostname" / "{{device}}", it is showing two rows for "Jul 2019", one with 41 GB, and one with 84 GB. There is no row for August.

If i choose "months (Custom)" (with Monitor Interval = 'months', and Reset Day = '1st'), then it shows those same rows, but the "Time" shows: "1 Jul 2019 - 0 Aug 2019 " for both rows.

Any idea what's going on here? Have I done something weird/wrong?

My router model is: "Linksys WRT1900AC"
and the Gargoyle firmware version is: 1.11.0

I have tried in both Chrome and Firefox with similar results.

Lantis

Re: Bandwidth pages aren't separating months correctly...

Post by Lantis »

What version are you using? I believe I fixed this bug on 10thbApril.
https://github.com/ericpaulbishop/gargo ... 48e9ef5051

If you're using a build before that you can upgrade or manually apply the fix.
This only occurs at the beginning of the month generally so you might not have a problem if you were to look again.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Zifnab

Post by Zifnab »

I used the download named "gargoyle_1.11.0-mvebu-cortexa9-linksys-wrt1900ac-squashfs-factory.img" from this page: /download.php on gargoyle-router website (It won't let me put the full URL in here, even though it's *from this domain*)

Firmware Images => Marvell Armada XP/370 => 1.11 (experimental) => 1.11.0

So I'm not entirely sure if that release includes your fix (Based on your github and looking at the 1.11.0 tag, doesn't seem like it does, since the last commit was in Feb)... Do I need to build from source? Should I do it off master or is that not quite stable enough?

Zifnab

Post by Zifnab »

Oh I just saw the link in your sig... so if I go to that lantisproject page and use the correct factory image from there, it should work? Do I use "sysupgrade.bin" or "factory.img" when updating versions?

ispyisail

Post by ispyisail »

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Use sysupgrade.
And i'd stick to iSpy's build for the moment. I can't even remember when my build was created or what it contains.
His builds are updated far more regularly than my own.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.