QoS ACC Degrades Over Time - v1.11 RC5

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Volaris

Re: QoS ACC Degrades Over Time - v1.11 RC5

Post by Volaris »

I was having this issue in 1.10 more than 1.11. What fixed it for me was changing my ACC ping target to 1.1.1.1 (Cloudflare's DNS).
QoS Tip: Don't complicate your QoS settings. Gargoyle evenly splits available bandwidth between active devices as needed. Just delete all your classification rules and leave only one normal service class and you're done. No more arguing over bandwidth.

chall3ng3r

Post by chall3ng3r »

Looks like you might be having ISP problems. Very common scenario in my country. The test suggested could sort it out.

Do you game online? If you have oscilating link speed, you`ll miss ACC sometimes, specially while gaming.
Yes, my current ISP is not good enough. but I'm stuck with them because no fiber-to-home options in my area :(

I don't game online, but I'd like to have a bit faster response in browsing web and DNS resolving.
I was having this issue in 1.10 more than 1.11. What fixed it for me was changing my ACC ping target to 1.1.1.1 (Cloudflare's DNS).
Ahan, mine was set to auto, to gateway (vDSL modem) IP. I do use 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1 as my DNS on WRT1200AC router.

I will try with changing it and see how it works out. Thanks for suggestion.

fifonik

Post by fifonik »

Used to have the issue.
I tried to use custom ping target (1.0.0.1) but with no success.
Ended up with disabling ACC.

chall3ng3r

Post by chall3ng3r »

Update,

Kept my device powered on for more than 48hrs straight without ACC enabled, worked without a hitch. No slowdowns noticed.

Today I enabled ACC for few hours with recommended ping target to be 1.1.1.1 (without restart). With one class set minRTT option, it goes to about 2mbps pretty fast, in 20 mins, and kept there.

See this screenshot https://i.imgur.com/uQAlsVH.jpg

After turning off minRTT parameter in class, I saved settings, didn't restart router. Now the Link Limit start to drop, be really slowly. I waited for some time and monitored it closely. I keeps going down as internet activity is done, but it never recovers one bit.

Screenshot here https://i.imgur.com/uTaTI5M.jpg

I think my ISP is not returning good consistent ping times. So, for me ACC is going to be off permanently.

I future, if I get new fiber-optic ISP option in my area, I will try with them, as in my office with fire link I get <10 ms ping times.