Quotas setup

Report issues relating to bandwith monitoring, bandwidth quotas or QoS in this forum.

Moderator: Moderators

Northbound

Quotas setup

Post by Northbound »

I recently setup Gargoyle 1.10 on an archer C7,
I have separated my network by children and their devices ie. 192.168.48.10-192.168.48.20 for Child #1, 30-40 for Child 2 ....For all 4 children.
I have assigned static ip for their devices and my network is Mac specific.
I have setup quotas of 8 GB/week for child 1-3 , and separate quota of 150GB/ month for the oldest who pays for his allotted amount.

My Quotas don’t seem to be working, I tried to re write and still they are ineffective. I have searched the forum and tried many things but I’m completely out of ideas . I have also tried to add all remaining devices to track it vs my ISP.but it doesn’t all add up.

Not sure how to add screenshots

Lantis

Re: Quotas setup

Post by Lantis »

What exactly are the symptoms of "not working"?
Are the quotas not saving, not counting, not blocking, not resetting?

I'd recommend upgrading to 1.11.x as there was one bug which caused some quotas to stop working, but without more details i can't tell if it fixes your specific problem.
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Northbound

Post by Northbound »

Sorry , “not working” a little vague , yes it is not calculating the amounts. Went to one of the computers with a quota setup and downloaded 1.5 Gig and no change in the quota usage page. when Also doesn’t equal my ISP amount for the day.

I’ll try the upgrade perhaps that will fix it.

Thanks for the help, fingers crossed.

fifonik

Post by fifonik »

It was working fine on 1.10.0 & 1.10.x (Archer C7 then WRT1200) for me and now works on 1.11.x (WRT 1200) with no issues.
However, only recently I have added IP ranges (when I already was on 1.11.x). Previously it was single IP address per quota entry.
Could you provide screenshots?

Northbound

Post by Northbound »

I tried to find 1.11 but I got a little lost, I’m new to this level of router management.

I flashed with 1.9 and it seems to work just fine , I’m not sure about adding screen shots tried it through my onedrive but it came up as an error .

I wouldnt mind reflash8ng at 1.11 but I think I’ll let this run a bit first.

Thanks

Northbound

Post by Northbound »

I upgraded to 1.11 today , quotas are working fine. Thanks for your guys hard work !

Great work!

Northbound

Post by Northbound »

Since I upgraded to 1.11 I have lost my wife’s PPTP VPN ,

Sorry I am very new to networking, can someone tell
Me what version of this software will allow me to use
Quotas ( for monitoring static ip)
Restrictions ( for limiting my children’s time access)
PPTP (for my wife’s VPN.)

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

What’s wrong with PPTP? Is it not working?
http://lantisproject.com/downloads/gargoyle_ispyisail.php for the latest releases
Please be respectful when posting. I do this in my free time on a volunteer basis.

Northbound

Post by Northbound »

There isn’t an option for PPTP plug in IN 1.11, at least I can’t find one.

Lantis

Post by Lantis »

Did you add the temporary plugin repositories?
Because it is not an “official” release, I have hosted the updated packages in an alternative location so you need to point to it.

If you let me know which device you have and which version you installed I can tell you the right links.